Yes Car Credit & Go Debt

RiQ123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Update.

Went to hearing and judge did not really seem interested. I dont even think he read any of the witness statements or had any idea of the case b4 we got in there.. Said the conumer credit argument would not be considered but he did pick up on that i was made to take out the insurances but i had to prove it. So he adjourned the case for a few weeks

called stephenson's who wrote to godebt stating the agreement was unenforceable under the consumer credit act.

I now have deed of release

Edited by shifty7667

as per my pm.... glad to hear everything worked out in the end shifty...just a shame you were yet again foiled in dj lottery.....how the hell did he expect you to 'prove it' the agreement as we know is unenforceable and that should have been the end of the matter..the fact he didnt even consider it says it all

• 1 month later...

hi, i was looking thru google looking for info about yes car credit and go debt when i came across the threads on here, i was just wondering if anyone could just give me a bit of advise regarding this matter as to be honest with you i dont have a clue about legal matters,

around 7 years ago i got a car from yes car credit on finance which was a vauxhaull vectra, (which ran out of petrol at the top of road as i drove out of there) lol, on the same night i was driving into coventry and the engine blew up on me so i got in touch with yes car credit and they told me to take the car back to them and they would give me a replacement, so i did this and when i got there the car they had was an extra £1000 approx but was a better looking car and being young and stupid i just agreed to it as it was the 1st newish car i owned.

but once again it wasnt long before i was running into probs with this car aswell, around 3 months later the gearbox went so i got in touch with them again and they said it was wear and tear and they wouldnt fix it, so i went out and paid almost £1000 to have the gear box fixed myself, (aswell as paying the finance) but then other stuff started to go wrong with the car so i said to myself i wont pay them for 3 months to get my £1000 back that i payed for the gearbox, (i wanted to mess them about like i had been messed about) but after about 2 months i went to get in my work van and noticed there was a clamp on my vectra, as i got out my van to inspect it 2 men came and told me they had come to reposess the car which to be honest i wernt too botherd about as i was paying £6000 for a car that was nackerd, but the thing that pi**ed me off is that they wouldnt let me get my personal belongings out of the car.

well i never head anything for a while till i recieved a letter saying they had sold the car at auction for £2700 and that i still owed them £5200. so i phoned them and said how can you sell the car to someone for £2700 and try and charge me £5200 for a car i no longer own and they said it was for the outstanding finance, the intrest, the charges ect ect, so i bassicly told them to take me to court.

well once again i didnt hear anything from them till about 12 months ago till i have had go debt trying to get in touch with me after the money i supposedly "OWE" them.

the prob i have is that i have moved house twice since i had the car so all the paperwork, agreement ect has been misslaid or lost.

i just cant see how someone has got the car for £2700 but they want £5200 for something i dont own.

i was just wondering if you could give me some advice about what to do next as i dont want to speak to go debt and have them throw all legal stuff at me that i dont understand.

could you please give me any pointers on what to do as i havent got a clue about this kind of thing

SORRY ABOUT BIG ESSAY BUT JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE,

many thanks, rob

gday mate

i see its godebt again

my favorite play thing

FIRST THING IS YOUR AGREEMENTT IS HISTORY

HAVE NOSE AND GET BACK TO ME

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?277724-Go-Dept-advise-needed-please&p=3163030&highlight=#post3163030

START AT PAGE ONE

IT DEFAULTS TO THE LAST

hi mate,

thanks for taking your time to get back to me, can i start off by saying that you are 1 clever person and i must congradulate you on your 100% score against go debt, lol

i have read your link and i must say im well impressed with how you know how to put them in their place, but unfortunatly i dont understand what i am supposed to do next with them, i get what your saying about everything MUST go thru the post on paper and not over the phone so i can keep a record but i havent kept any of the letters from them in the past as i have just brushed the problem under the carpet as there is no way i can afford to pay that kind of money for something i dont own, so how do i go about it from now on? do i answer the phone next time they phone and ask them to put everything in writing from now on and take it from there?

its good to know that bassicly they cant really do anything about it tho as its my parents house that is getting the phone calls and letters as thats where i lived when i had the car and they are getting worried about it. (they must be coming the bully like people have been saying)

im sorry if i sound silly mate but ive never had to do anything like this before so its all new to me and im just glad i found this forum to speak to people that does actually know about this kind of thing.

many thanks, rob

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

thanks again for your time to get back to me,

i will get them sent to them and will keep you informed of how it is going mate,

yeah could you send me their adrress please, should i send both letters at same time or 1 before the other?

many thanks, rob