Disputed debt - harassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt that I dispute I owe and the DCA has said they will continue action until they hear otherwise from their client as it's not in dispute unless they say it is. This is totally wrong from what I can tell, is there any way of hitting the nail home, considering a court claim for harassment and damages.

I have a debt that I dispute I owe and the DCA has said they will continue action until they hear otherwise from their client as it's not in dispute unless they say it is. This is totally wrong from what I can tell, is there any way of hitting the nail home, considering a court claim for harassment and damages.
a little more info would help,

whos the dca/whats the debt for ? have you cca them if so and you had no reply within 12+2 days have you sent them the acc in despute letter and is that where we are at now??

they can tell you anything but they cannot do anything without the relevent paper work for your alledged debt! dont panic your in cagger country now.:grin:

Thanks for the advice. It's a private parking notice, I took all the steps from the relevent threads and am not paying it (registered keepernot driver, unfair terms etc) so is more contract law than CCA. The debt has now been passed to DCA who are chasing, it's disputed as in I don't owe it and not paying it and I willd efend any action but it's getting them to realise it. I think I have to go on the offensive and start issuing proceedings to get them to do what they are legally obliged to anyway.

Hi BB,

I can confirm that the advice DD has given was correct in my instance. My son over stayed his welcome (and parking ticket) so was issued a fine. I refused to pay and the fine went up and up till finally I told them to take me to court. That was 14 months ago and not heard a thing since.

They do have the option though!