dpa latter is t 40 working days ??

berres5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone , just starting out , sent DPA letter on the 30th of june bank received it on the 4th july , they said they'd waive the £10.00 fee this time and returned my cheque with a letter saying that the statements would be sent in due course , now i've still not received them , my question is is this. is the fourty days they have working days or does it include weekends ? :?:

i would be very wary about them waiving the fee.

They could argue in case of non compliance that the fee was not paid and if it goes to court they could in theory use this as defence.

Its only an opinion of mine but it may be a tactic the banks are using to at least delay things further, especially if it means you have to start over again.

Natweststaffmember (our hero) may have more views on this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

hi , thanks for the replies so far , i did send the cheque but they said on this occasion they would send the statements for free , i'll ring them tomorrow as nothings arrived yet

its 40 days including weekends and bank holidays,

i would personally go into the branch tomorrow and give them the £10.00 and a copy of the letter you originally sent them. get a receipt for the money, then at least it wont come back and bite ya!

good luck lisaxx

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

• 1 month later...
i would be very wary about them waiving the fee.

They could argue in case of non compliance that the fee was not paid and if it goes to court they could in theory use this as defence.

Its only an opinion of mine but it may be a tactic the banks are using to at least delay things further, especially if it means you have to start over again.

Natweststaffmember (our hero) may have more views on this.

please aknowledge in writing with your bank you have received the returned cheque you sent them,their refusal to cash this was as stated they waived the fee for your request this way they also accept your letter of their waiver

My understanding of the Data protection act is that they have recieved your request and decided that they do not require the £10 fee to cover the costs of the getting the data together for you. The £10 fee is the "maximum chargeable cost" for a data protection request, and it doesn't matter if the take £10 or nothing or anything in between they still have 40 days in which to comply or they have not met the data protection act.

Beat up Halifax for - £750 :p

Barclays - Offer recieved 30/8 for 1/2,

Court Claim submitted 31/8 for full amount

Claiming in Northern Ireland so any help or guidance very much appreciated