Help with Tesco default notice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received this (below) DN from Tesco which is all correct and sent in time with adequate time to remedy etc.

However, the DN threatens court action for the net amount being approx £12K. I have now received a CC Summons demanding the gross amount (15K) so my questions are:

1. Does this cause them any problems or in any way make either the DN or the POC defective?

2. Can they sue for the total amount payable which includes a further 4 years interest upto Nov 2013?

Many thanks for all the help.

TescoDefault.jpg?t=1259514061

what date did you get this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've got another post running re the court case, I have defended and written to the under CPR 18 for info. AOS sent and will file an embaressed defence early next week if I get nothing back.

I was just interested if there were any issues that the DN says they will take court action to persue the net amount and then the POC claims the gross amount?

well your cpr18 should give you the agreement which will have the terms you signed up to attached.

MOST CCA agreements do allow for this as far as I know, yes they can do it and no there are no issues with it as far as I can see, wait for the terms though

notwithstanding that there is missing prescribed text- i think you have misunderstood the DN

the DN does NOT demand payment of the net balance- it clearly demands what it should demand and that is payment of the outstanding arrears of 533.70

it then states that if you fail to comply with the DN it will them claim (the benefits of s87) of the full net balance which IMO is correct

what was the date on the DN that you have blanked out

your case as i see it is an improperly worded DN (missing text) and not enough time to remedy (depending on the date of the notice)

tesco uses uk mail

the date 1st august was a saturday

uk mail do not collect on a saturday or a sunday so the notice could not have been collected by them until Monday 3rd

delivery would be deemed second class so served on friday 7th

14 clear days = Friday 21st so 3 days short

you need to SAR them PDQ and get evidence from their systems

they would have to prove otherwise.

It would have had to have been posted the same day (saturday) that it was issued by royal mail 1st class in order to give you to 18th to comply- in a large company like that it is VERY unlikely that the letter would have entered the internal postal system until the following monday

• Haha 1

As an aside, why do creditors continually issue faulty DN's? Why not just stick a few days on top to make sure there is time to remedy? Can they allow too much time?

I've just had a DN which doesn't even give 14 days from the issue date to the remedy date - why on earth would they do that?

It would have had to have been posted the same day (saturday) that it was issued by royal mail 1st class in order to give you to 18th to comply- in a large company like that it is VERY unlikely that the letter would have entered the internal postal system until the following monday

Saturday doesnt count as a working day for the purposes of the interpretations act anyway. So even first class it would have been deemed posted Monday. It is short however they posted it

so if it is deemed posted on Monday 1st class would the first day to remedy be Wednesday (5th)? Wouldn't this be 14 days to Tuesday 18th inclusive or shoudl it have been the 19th to be correct?

19th at best, according to dicky though (ukmail = 2nd class) it would be the 21st. Either way its 13 days at best(or worst depending on your point of view).

without proof to the contrary 2nd class is assumed in the Interpretations Act

As an aside, why do creditors continually issue faulty DN's? Why not just stick a few days on top to make sure there is time to remedy? Can they allow too much time?

I've just had a DN which doesn't even give 14 days from the issue date to the remedy date - why on earth would they do that?

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

so if it is deemed posted on Monday 1st class would the first day to remedy be Wednesday (5th)? Wouldn't this be 14 days to Tuesday 18th inclusive or shoudl it have been the 19th to be correct?

its actually two working days after the day it is posted- although the working days are not sat /sun if they can prove they posted in sat/sun then mon/tues would be the two working days and time would count from weds which woould be spot on for the 18th in their DN

however, this is extremely (99.999%) unlikely- it would have been put in the post at the earliest on the monday meaning tues/weds were allowed for delivery 1st class which leave the dn short

if 2nd class then 4 days are allowed after mon = tues weds thurs friday so the saturday is the first clear day to start counting- well short