BT - Any help appreciated!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Not sure if the right place to post this and if it is wrong, I apologise in advance!

My issue is with BT, my boyfriend and I moved into our new flat about 2 months ago. Given that the area we have moved to does not seem to be serviced by any other phone provider, we had no choice but to have a BT line connected. I opened the account on the understanding that we would be billed £25.99 per month for an all inclusive package meaning calls were free all the time and on the understanding that we would pay quarterly (as I am a student - it makes life easier with my loan payments). After living here about a month, we recieved a monthly bill for £70.42. As I was unable to pay the full balance immediately, they restricted our calls, still charging us for a full months worth of the call package.

I sorted out with the advisor that we would be on quarterly billing from now on and made a payment on the account of £30.00. This was not enough however, and BT then said I needed to pay the balance in order to be reconnected to outgoing calls. I paid the balance today and they are applying two separate charges to my account, £11.75 for reconnection of the outgoing calls and £11.75 for a DD that failed (currently in dispute with A&L, who also charged me £34 for the same failed DD!).

So my question is this, is there anything I can do about these charges or do I have to just accept the fact that in addition to having already paid the £70.42 to BT, I also have to pay for the three weeks whilst we couldn't use the phone and their charges for reconnection etc?

Any advice would be much appreciated, it just makes me so angry that I am being charged for a service I couldn't even use!

Thanks in advance,

Sarah x