The only thing I dont understand is...

Handsome Dan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...if bank charges are illegal, which they undoubtably are, how come banks aren't prosecuted for breaking the law?

If I was to get your card and pin number and take £35 out of your account and I was caught, I would be prosecuted for theft, if the bank does it, they are just ordered to repay the amount plus interest. This seems strange to me?

The law states that bank charges are illegal, so therefore taking bank charges is against the law and therefore, surely the police should be involved?

I love the idea of calling the police to report a theft from my bank account and when they say "Do you have any idea who committed this theft Sir?", I would say "Yes, Lloyds TSB".

I doubt this would work but I dont see why it wouldnt work???

Answers on a postcard...

The way i view it is that the banks walk a legal tightrope. Basically a company can put anything into the contract when it is signed and agreed to however this does not mean that it is lawful, meaning if you ever come across something in the contract which you don't agree to and professional groups also agree that these terms cannot legally be enforced you can therfore challenge them. Correct me if i'm wrong but thats just my view on it.

Cheers

Steven

Robinson vs Lloyds (29/07/06)

LBA Sent (29/07/06)

Standard Reply (01/08/06)

FOS Letter Recieved (10/08/06)