Mackenzie Hall Harassment

BIGJIM1965
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am starting this new thread on behalf of a relative. The details are this:

In June 2008, my sister who lives in Scotland received a letter from Mackenzie Hall for an alleged debt pursuers cabot Financial on behalf of Barclays Bank value £600. My sister wrote back to them advising that as debt was 7 years old and no payment or communication had been made in that time and that as the debt was more than 5 years old under the prescription and limitation act of scotland act 1973 part 1 prescription 6, mackenzie hall could not pursue matter. Letter in July of 2008 stated that the matter was now in hold until they had completed further enquiries. 1 year 4months later she then receives a further letter from Mckenzie Hall with an offer of reduced settlement offer, they have deducted £200. My sister wrote back to them advising of information she gave them last year. So where does she go from here? I told her to write to the office of fair trading to make a complaint against Mckenzie Hall. I would be obliged of any help that anyone can give my sister on this matter. Obviously Mackenzie Hall are trying their luck on this.

They are trying it on.

Muck Hall have been told it's SB so there is nothing they can do. I would make a complaint to them when they reject your complaint go to the FOS.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

BigJim - write a short note to MHall thanking them for their letter and ask them for their complaints procedure. They mst have one, its one of the terms of their consumer credit licence, and they must send you details.

When they do make a complaint on the grounds they are chasing a ststute barred debt months after you told them this important fact. The morons have eight weeks from recept of your compliant - sent, of course, by recorded and signed for delivery, to recognise this fact and agree they are indeed wrong and that they will not bother you again.

If they don't do this you escalate the matter to a formal complaint to the FOS. You must have exhausted MHall's complaints procedure before you do this.

Of course if MHall fail to provide you with their complaints procedure then that's reason enough to go straight to the FOS adding their failure to comply to the originl complaint.

This could cost them £400+. You'd think by now they would realise that playing silly beggars with the law hits them in the wallet

Have a look at Mackenzie Hall / CCJ - Page 17 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

#332 shows the way forward.

If you follow that and they don't offer you, say, £100 then you can go to FOS. Win or lose they will have to pay FOS for every case in a financial year (April to April) over and above the fourth. It is currently £500 a time!

Don't do it just to get the fee incurred, though. FOS is likely to conclude that is vexatious and throw it out without charging the fee.