Unable to open parachute a/c what now?

achtunglady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My hubby wants to go ahead with getting his bank charges back but is faced with the following problems:

• he has applied for another account in case his bank decide to close the account in question, but was declined. What i am wondering is, can he have his pay put into my personal account (which is in my name only, but is with the same bank, but different branch), or does it have to be an account in his name, he has several direct debits and one standing order on the account. Failing that, if he cannot use my account, do you suggest that I add him onto my account as an additional account holder? Could they still close this account,if he was to be added, as i am the main account holder?

• he also has a loan outstanding, could the bank be awkward and demand he pays it all back, if so, what is an unreasonable request to do it, so if they say he has 1 month to pay it all back is this deemed as unreasonable and could he take it to court?

• when you are claiming your bank charges back, do you deduct a "reasonable" amount from it that the bank are entitled to (say £5.00 to cover their costs) or do you claim the whole shebang. Can you also claim back interest charged on the overdrawn amount or is the bank quite entitled to charge this as well as bank charges?

He has been paying alot of bank charges and really wants to claim them back but seems to have fallen at the first hurdle. Can anyone help with these questions please, thanks very much

claiming £1625 for myself and £2587 for hubby from 2001-2006

prelim letters dated 25/9/06 sent recorded 26/9/06

letter received from bank offering me £1460 which i am accepting, money was in account 3 days after sending letter of acceptance

lba for hubby to be sent on 12/10/06 if no full refund

Start legal proceedings and add 8% interest and court costs 1/11/06 if still no refund

27/11/06 County court claim started for £2969 inc interest and court fees, no defence entered by HSBC

21/12/06 RECEIVED A JUDGEMENT BY DEFAULT FOR £2969, No money yet though.

Hello and welcome, i would strongly recommend that you read the FAQ.

Having said that i'll try and answer your questions.

1. He should be able to open an account with someone, alot of banks have basic accounts which are open to just about everyone.

2. There is no reason why he's employer shouldn't pay the money into your account.

3. He is not claiming against the loan account and since he has a seperate agreement covering the loan they can't just call it in, even if he is suing them.

4. Claim the whole lot, if they want to tell you what a reasonable amount is and that they want it deducted from your claim then thats fine, at that point you can discuss it (and also ask them if that is their reasonable amount why were they charging you £30 odd quid a go)

Now go and read the FAQ before you do anything else, and good luck.

On point 3 on a technicality, they can call it in if it is in default OR if he has in arrears they can make the arrears instantly repayable and if he unable, put him in default

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for the replies, we managed to get a joint account opened with another bank, just in case they decide to play silly bug gers.

claiming £1625 for myself and £2587 for hubby from 2001-2006

prelim letters dated 25/9/06 sent recorded 26/9/06

letter received from bank offering me £1460 which i am accepting, money was in account 3 days after sending letter of acceptance

lba for hubby to be sent on 12/10/06 if no full refund

Start legal proceedings and add 8% interest and court costs 1/11/06 if still no refund

27/11/06 County court claim started for £2969 inc interest and court fees, no defence entered by HSBC

21/12/06 RECEIVED A JUDGEMENT BY DEFAULT FOR £2969, No money yet though.