Trevster v Barclays

Trevster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have had my Barclays account for over 16 years now and receveid a lot of bank charges whilst I was at Uni and for a period of time after finishing.

I have not received many charges over the last 6 years.

I have read somewhere that I can only claim up to 6 years ago. Is this correct? If so, why?

Thanks,

Trevster

Hi Trevster,

Glad you're finding your way around.

If you don't have your old statements, then send off the SAR.

The trouble is that the bank may well only supply data going back 6 years. See what comes back, and then take it from there.

You'll find the SAR in here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

Read as many threads as you can - you'll learn loads but it can get addictive !! ;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick.

I will send the SAR today and keep the thread updated.

I actually started this process a few years ago and was offered £800 as a good will gesture. I didn't accept the offer, but didn't reply or anything - I know, I know, stupid!

Will this impact my situation?

As long as you didn't accept the earlier offer, this should have no impact on your current claim.

When trying to get your credit agreement from a lender, there's thought that the lender may try to lift your signature and copy it onto an unsigned agreement.

If you strike a line through the signature, it is harder to lift and use it on another document.

Also, see here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/digitalsignature.php

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)