unfair credit agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is not the right place to post a thread, having trouble finding my way around.

Am I right in thinking there are two factors to relating to unfair credit agreements,

1) Unfair bank charges: which one would try to reclaim via whatever channels apply, and

2) Unenforceable credit agreements: which one could try to establish to help in a self actioned debt management programme?

I am really interested in the latter as I want to clear my bad credit score and offer reduced settlements with the aid of a family loan. I have the following types of debt,

1) Bank overdraft-Barclays

2) Credit cards with- Barclays, MBNA, Tesco, Santander

3) Supplier credit-builders merchants, Jewson Ltd & Travis Perkins, one of which is a CCJ

4) Others- Hitachi credit for laser eye surgery, Vodaphone bill

So far I’ve kept this lot at bay with letters pleading poverty and an IVA process which I want to cancel as I want to offer final settlements, privately.

I've read IS MY AGREEMENT ENFORCEABLE( Via section 127(3) CCA1974) but I’m not sure if this just relates to credit card agreements or all types of credit agreement. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi BAB,

I think the best advice for now is to list a thread for each debt or query you have. The reason for this is that you will quickly confuse yourself and those trying to help by having several enquiries in one thread.

Here is the link below to get you started..(the title seems a bit harsh but it was the one I used)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

If you feel you know a bit more try this...

Go here: Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums

and click the newthread.gif button