AshleyB vs Lloyds TSB

AshleyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Handed in my S.A.R 1998 over the counter at my local TSB Branch, along with a £10 cheque (Saturday 12th August 12:30pm)

Sent email (contact.us@Lloyds TSB.co.uk) asking for confirmation they have received my S.A.R (Monday 15th August 12:22pm)

Applied online to:

Barclay's | Smile | NatWest (for parachute account)

Now, we wait.....:rolleyes:

12/08/06 - Hand Delivered S.A.R. :-o

09/09/06 - Prelim sent (recorded). :eek:

12/09/06 - "Voice concerns" letter received. :eek:

hi and welcome aboard. theres plenty of interesting reading on this site, dive in while you're waiting for your info. Knowledge is power!

regards

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

Email received; (16th August 2006 9:44am)

Dear Mr Burr

Thank you for the e-mail.

I acknowledge your request for copies of charge transactions on your account.

Your e-mail has been passed on to our Copy Statement Unit and I have asked that your request is noted and for a response to be sent to you at the earliest opportunity. I wish to point out that there is a £10 charge for the requested information. The Copy Statement Unit will be contacting you in connection with this.

I would like to point out that under Data Protection Act guidelines, the maximum period we are obliged to provide historic information such as this is 6 years. Additionally, we are allowed up to 40 days to provide this type of information, but hopefully we shall be in a position to respond before then.

Regards

Vanessa Smith - Lloyds TSB - Service Recovery

Birmingham

:smile:

14:03h 17 August 2006

Hello MR BURR

Thanks for taking the time to apply.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we can't open this account for you.

Whenever we consider new applications we use a process called 'credit scoring', a commonly used method for banks to assess new applications. From the information you gave us on your application form, you didn't meet our criteria for this account.

We may have also used information from our credit reference agency, Experian. But don't worry - that doesn't necessarily mean you've got a bad credit rating. You may find it helpful to contact the credit reference agency we used to help us reach our decision. They will be able to provide you with a copy of your credit report. The quickest and easiest way to do this is by telephone or online:

On line (24hours, 7 days a week) Credit Reports: Get your Credit Report from Experian UK - £2.00

By phone (24 hours 7 days a week) 0870 241 6212 - £2.50

However, you're still able to obtain a copy of your report by post by sending a cheque for £2.00 to Experian Consumer Help Desk, Experian Ltd, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF. Remember to include your current and any previous address.

Thank anyway Smile.. :evil:

Called my local branch to chase up my request for my Bank Statements for the last 6 years. (22nd August 2006 at 15:35pm) (its been 10 days now and my cheque has NOT been cashed)

Spoke to a very helpful lady who called Birmingham to see how my application was going. She said she could not get confirmation Birmingham was processing my request as they are very, VERY busy.

However, she did personally request my statements for me and said they will be delivered in 4 working days.

Wahoo...:D

So, I should have them by Wednesday 30th August.

Mr posty came this morning and dropped 16 letters on my mat from lloyds. (Thursday 24th August 8:07am)

Statements dating from 01 Aug 2001 - July 2006 (missing out half of 2005 and all of 2004)

Maybe I will get some more tomorrow.

I'll keep you all posted. :oops:

Also, can anyone tell me if Lloyds HAVE supplied 6 years worth of statement history. I spoke to somebody at Lloyds today who said they only KEEP 5 YEARS of transaction history in their archives.

Thanks again to you all.

Thanks for your speedy response feralkat. Much appreciated. :)

Also, when you received your statements, was it all in one big letter/parcel.. or did you receive 30 different letters all in chronological order.

I only ask as I'm thinking I may have to hassel lloyds for the bits they miss out.

Thanks for your time.

Received 14 more statements in the post (Friday 25th August at 8:00am). :)

Totalling 30 dating from 17th October 2001 to 4th August 2006.

Charges totalling £824.00 (excluding the addition of the 8% APR column on the standard Excel spreadsheet :? ) have been levied on my account.

Just need statements dating back to August 2000 now.

So we wait...

I have also been charged nearly £900 in Over Draft Interest. Has anyone sought re-payment for this and succeeded?

Also a consolidation loan of £1500 was advised by Lloyds. This was to reduce my monthly charges I was receiving :| (which I paid off early)

Can I get these charges back? or If I am not allowed them back, and claim for them nevertheless, will the bank just offer a settlement THEY think I am owed?

Or will they just follow it through the courts and battle with me 'til the death :shock:

Ill ask about "contractual interest" as soon as I know what i'm claiming for... :D

Thanks to all for your help.

I suppose my question is; Will Lloyds defend and actually go to court if your claim seems unreasonable.

I am looking to claim back, my charges (bounced D/D, O/D Excess Fees (£840 so far)) and the interest they charged me on my overdraft (£900 ish) and the consolidation loan of £1500.

Adds up to a fair bit. Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I am unsure on how to prove that the charges they made took me overdrawn.. as I have been overdrawn pretty much for 6 whole years :(

I have had my lloyds account for 9 years now...

• 2 weeks later...

I will be claiming my Charges (£854.50) + OverDraft Interest (£874.80) only.

Prelim being sent tomorrow, recorded delivery.

Where is everyone sending their Prelim's please.

Ta.

AshleyBurr.com

Hi Ashley,

Sorry noone's got back to you sooner - as you've no doubt noticed this place can get a bit busy sometimes.

There may well be precedent to go after the consolidation loan amount - I seem to recall a thread in the Lloyds forum no less where someone added a £10,000 consolidation loan to their charges - and Lloyds paid up. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/5584-janeyb-lloyds-massive-settlement.html is the thread.

I sent my Prelim to the 125 Colmore Row - Birmingham address. Should do the trick :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks for the response reload. :)

Decided not to claim for the loan.. went for all charges plus overdraft interest :p (£1700).

Prelim was sent Saturday 9th September (recorded) they must have got it Monday 11th and I had a reply today (Tuesday 12th) with the " How sorry they are that i'm unhappy" and the "Voicing my concerns" leaflet. Nice turnaround. :rolleyes:

So on the 26th LBA goes off.

Lol.....I also got the £10.00 worth of statements from the Copy Centre. All of a year and a half of it.. it was pathetic.

I received all my statements way before, just by asking my branch to call the copy centre and request them.

Hi AshleyB,

I noticed you say you've claimed £874.80 O/D interest. Just to check - you do know you can only claim the O/D interest that has been applied on top of and as a direct result of each unlawful charge, yes? You can't just claim ALL the O/D interest (unless ALL of it is due to unlawful charges, of course!). Apologies if you know this already, its just that the figure seems far to high to me.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Of that I am aware. I'm just going to ask for it nevertheless. See what they say.

Its up to you of course, but its not advisable. I can't see a judge being to impressed and even if it did'nt get that far, don't kid yourself that they won't notice. If you want to claim more and your feeling confidant, read up on contractual interest in the general forum and go for that instead. If you do though, make sure you fully understand the logic and issues involved first.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi again Ashley,

I have to reiterate what Gary has just said. I strongly recommend you do not file for the full overdraft interest when you file your claim with the courts. It could lead to your claim being struck out, as the proportion of the overdraft interest not applied to penalty charges is perfectly lawful and valid.

That said, if you do decide to go ahead, good luck.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.