How to work out whats a unfair CHG

Dave L
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi after fileing my own claim from Nat-west (court pending)

My sister has asked me to do hers (as though i know much more):o

anyway i got her to get her statements,

Ive been mulling through this lot and cant be sure how LTSB mark out a difinitive CHG.

Is this a bit of subtifuge on there part (or the norm)

as say statement for 02/08/01 to 03/09/01 has 3 sets of CHG`s

o.draft interest 0.16(this i know is theres) o/draft useage fee £5.00 (i dont know if i can claim this for her) unpaid DD (This i know about):D

under the bottom line the first 2 appear(as chg`s for 02/08/01 to 03/09/01

but the O/D useage fee has grown to £25.00.

Then i look at on the next statement 06/09/01 to 03/10/01 (3 days missing??)

and OD interest same and useage fee £25.00 but not under any line this time.

as ive never had an O/D i dont know if its reclaimable (£25.00 useage fee)and also she has a few O/D EXCESS fees are these claimable.

You can claim back overdraft usage fees, most definately where the overdraft is an authorised overdraft solely comprised of penalty charges - at least, I can't see any reason why not, also you can very very definately claim back overdraft excess fess this is a penalty charge and therefore unlawful.

Regards

Adamski

Hi IM GIONG THE SAME WAY,

Its Just Making Sure Im Putting In The Legit Stuff,

I Only Have A Current Account And Its Been Constantly Overdrawn,i Only Keep The Acc Each Month To Pay Sky/insurance Etc So I Pay In And They Come Out If You Know What I Mean,i Used To Use Regular Though (12 Years)

Tsb Have Sent Me Statments And Charges Sheet And They Highlight My Charges As: o/draft Usage Fee..£20-£35(18 Of) From Year 2000-2001

Then Chabges To o/draft Excess Fee(8 Of) From Year 2002-2005

So You Can See Where Im Coming Form Regarding Claiming,

Like I Say I Havent Included The Acc Charge O/draft Interest Which They Also Included I Thought I Should Leave This Off(as A Gesture Of Good Will Of Course)

Claiming Unpaid Dd....total £987+interest

Or

Claiming O/draft Etc..(all) £2100+interest

Anybody Else In The Same Boat?

Gary

• 1 month later...

I need to get a life :o

My Brother-in-law now has brought his statements round now (2 accounts with LTSB 1 joint and 1 his own) both 6 years back,:o

he`s been hammered with the OD useage fees (approx 1.5k on this alone) and a new 1 for me ( FEE account charge) ????????? Can some1 clue me as to whats this (or more importantly)

is it claimable :)

I`m gonna start charging the next lazy git to appear with reams of paper

and claim sheepishly "i dont know what to do" and you do !;)

someone will coreect me if i am wrong but i think the fee account charge is a service charge for using the account ie some accounts have monthly fee in return for some extras on your account eg aa membership travel insurance amongst others or if it is a premium acc sometimes there is an ac fee, as far as i know this cannot be claimed back as it is not an unfair charge

Someone jump in if you think i am wrong on this one!!

The fee account charge is, as I believe it for the different perks of each type of account.

For years I had a Gold account, which cost me £10 a month and gave me things like AA cover and other cr*p perks that I never used, have just downgraded my account to a classic account which is free. I think they also do another type of account, maybe "select" which costs £8 a month. I dont think you can reclaim these amounts.

LLOYDS TSB

4th August 06 - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

19th September 06 - Prelim sent

2nd October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

9th October 06 - LBA sent

20th October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

**N1 to be submitted 27th October 06**