SRJ debt recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all.

Have received a Trace Confirmation / Idiot Confirmation from SRJ.

I managed to beat Capquest at their game in March this year, when they said they would provide me with the requested CCA's for the accounts they were chasing and never did - one was already statute barred anyway. I have not heard from them since.

Is it likely that Capquest have now sold the debt on to this rabble? And if so have Capquest broken the code of practice by selling on a debt which is in dispute?

Are SRJ just another branch of Capquest / BPO Collections / HL Legal?

Can't decide whether to sit tight and wait for them to send the usual string of blah blah blah letters or to just fire off the 'prove it' letter.

• 1 month later...

So it appears the account that SRJ are chasing is for an HSBC Credit Card which is already being dealt with directly through Metropolitan.

Have been paying £1 a month to Metropolitan for a year so - however when I went through old paperwork it looks like I might have been paying this money using the wrong account reference. Bit confusing really but I can only think that Metropolitan gave me the wrong standing order reference. The amount SRJ quote is more than it should be considering the debt is (slowly) being paid off.

A fortnight ago I wrote to Metropolitan and requested a statement of account and to clarify which is the correct reference number. I also sent SRJ the 'prove it' letter.

Neither have had the courtesy to reply. I think that at least I should be entitled to some sort of statement from Metropolitan and if I have kept to the arrangement it is unfair for them to pass the debt on to SRJ.

Any advice? Shall I just stop paying the money and see what happens??

So it appears the account that SRJ are chasing is for an HSBC Credit Card which is already being dealt with directly through Metropolitan.

Have been paying £1 a month to Metropolitan for a year so - however when I went through old paperwork it looks like I might have been paying this money using the wrong account reference. Bit confusing really but I can only think that Metropolitan gave me the wrong standing order reference. The amount SRJ quote is more than it should be considering the debt is (slowly) being paid off.

A fortnight ago I wrote to Metropolitan and requested a statement of account and to clarify which is the correct reference number. I also sent SRJ the 'prove it' letter.

Neither have had the courtesy to reply. I think that at least I should be entitled to some sort of statement from Metropolitan and if I have kept to the arrangement it is unfair for them to pass the debt on to SRJ.

Any advice? Shall I just stop paying the money and see what happens??

you are entitled to and in fact since the CCA 2006 the have to send you, statements on an at least annual basis.

What would I do? Well, have you get an enforceable agreement / have you put in a cca request? If you have not then that would be my first step. If you already have an enforceable agreement then I would stop paying and write to both and tell them that they need to sort out who is doing what and why before you'll pay another penny and that in any event you will not pay until you get a full statement of account.

Oh and I'd sod both of them until the new year and send the letters on the 5th of Jan.

hope that helps

thanks for your input hungrybear.

I have not yet sent them a CCA request as the £1 a month agreement was negotiated through the CAB. Since then I've been happy to keep this account on the backburner while taking on the other more aggressive DCAs myself.

However I guess this is the perfect time to send the CCA - I will send this to Metropolitan. Should I keep paying them in the meantime or just cancel the standing order?

thanks for your input hungrybear.

I have not yet sent them a CCA request as the £1 a month agreement was negotiated through the CAB. Since then I've been happy to keep this account on the backburner while taking on the other more aggressive DCAs myself.

However I guess this is the perfect time to send the CCA - I will send this to Metropolitan. Should I keep paying them in the meantime or just cancel the standing order?

technically you should keep paying until the 12+2 days are up, then the account will in dispute according to 78(6) and they cannot request payment until they comply.

so I would send a cca request to metro and the 'bog off or prove your right' to the other muppets.