employment problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a disp meeting a few wks ago but was unable to attend as i have been ill, have dcs notes to cover me just in case. i am currently suspended for not doing my job properly!. I have since found out that to stop a person getting themselves into trouble the blame was put on me..

To be honest they have been looking for a reason to get rid of me as they dont think i am commited to my job and my situation (single mother). I dont want to attend disp hearing as they could sack me and then i would have a black mark on my c.v, and to be honest i want to get them for all they have put me through.

I am thinking of resigning and then going for constructive dismissal on the grounds of, breach of contract, bullying and lack of duty of care. I also have several things on this company that could cause them a few problems, could i use this for a financial settlement to keep quiet? sorry to be a bit vague but my job is a bit difficult to explain, do i have to tell them i am going to go for cont diss before i resign? do they have to give a reference, i really want revenge on this lot as i have had four years of stress!!! any help would be great if you understand what i have said:???:

What is the hearing fornature of offence? you say you have suffered stress, bullying, breach of contract etc; have you put in a grievnace report, or told anybody in management,HR? Are they paying while you are off sick?

thanks for reply. i have been suspended for not doing my job properly that is it. i have raised grevience with management verbally but was told by several managers that i shouldnt be in the job as they didnt think i was as commited as the other members of staff without children. for example although i was contracted to work 35 hours a week i worked alot more than that esp in the evening which involved taking my daughter with me, when i finished one night at six to take her somewhere then i was told "this isnt going to work" by my manager. it is very difficult to raise concerns to upper management because its a bit like an old boys club and nothing would be done. I have been told that because i didnt ring in to say i was sick they have the right not to pay me, i presumed that if i was suspended then they would have known that i wouldnt be in. any help on this would be fantastic i am fed up of worrying and sleepless nights. thanx

If you have been suspended, then they must pay you, unless your contract says otherwise. I think you have avery good case for an ET.

I would write to them and say that as you are suspende it must be on full pay and if do not sort it out you will take it as being constructively dismiised and will seek compensation from an ET.