Ruthbridge, DLC & Black Horse help needed!

maud26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have today received letters (1 each for me & hubby) from Ruthbridge Ltd claiming that if i do not make payment by 6th Nov they will declare me bankrupt- this is no threat to me as we have been through this before and are still coming out the other side! (Discharged 2002). This debt in question relates to a Black Horse loan taken out in 2005 which was transferred to Hillesden and now it seems to DLC and Ruthbridge - confusing!

We defaulted on the loan due to my ill health and when we realized we had been a victim of PPI mis-selling i immediately wrote to them to complain, after hearing nothing I forgot about them - only receiving 'updates' from Hillesden to say they were still searching for my CCA copy! After 12 months of searching they did in fact find it and I have heard nothing until recently from these scumbags. So my question is what is the best way to proceed now? I know that Hillesden have a copy of the CCA but what about the PPI issues? And is there a letter I can send to get them off my back for a while longer? What is the timescale when debts are no longer 'chaseable'?

Many thanks in advance

Maudy x

I know that Hillesden have a copy of the CCA
Have you sent them a request for a copy to see if it's enforceable? http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

What is the timescale when debts are no longer 'chaseable'?
A debt becomes Statute Barred after six years in England/Wales if no payment or written admission of the debt has been made during that period (five in Scotland).

Hi and thanks for the reply,

Yes I have a copy and I'm sure someone on here checked and confirmed it is enforceable so I (altho my memory is hazy on this) think that just left me the PPI issue to throw at them. Its been a case of waiting to see if they pursued it and its been so long now i had almost forgotten about them lol! Until this - a rather nasty bullyish letter i might add!

Is the Statute Barred 6 year date from the date I last made a payment??

Thank you again

Until Ruthbridge provide documentary proof they have the right to collect an enforceable debt all their letters are simply a waste of paper, ink and other stationary materials. You can write and tell them this wasting even more of the earth's scarce resources or ignore them.