Welcome finance charges and intrest need help PLEASE!

christub1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im new to this forum I would really like some help regarding a loan I took out with Welcome finance.

I took the loan out in July 2006 for £2000, i was quite desperate at the time for the money and the intrest is about 45%. Im paying £143 a month back over the 3 years. I thought I made my last payment in September as I missed 2 payments through my 3 year agreement. Then I get sent through a statment saying i still owe them £1200 for charges and intrest to the account without any letters prior to this regarding the charges and the intrest added to the account, because I missed a payment they where adding intrest to the account every month of around £78 so in the end my monthly payment was only £70 instead of £143 because of the intrest and charges.

The local office has called me a few times saying they will be doing a special deal for 30 days only so I can pay the remaining amount off with a discount of 30% so roughly £700 ish one lump sum.

Im refusing to pay this as its a crazy amount as ive paid what I agreed to borrow back. Is there a way to claim back the charges, ppi and intrest?

I appreciate if someone could help me regarding this case.

Many thanks

Edited by christub1

I ve paid back what i owed but paying back the arrears welcome finance have added to the account. I just feel seeing this statement they have sent me when i found out i still owed 1200 i feel its really unfair the charges and intrest they have added.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...