Welcome Finance - where do I stand?

bettyboop35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening, would like some advice regarding Welcome to try and get rid of them. Details as follows:-

£15,000 credit fixed sum loan agreement dated 22/11/05. 180 months. Monthly payments £229.42. APR (variable) 18.20%.

Total Charge for credit - £26295.65

Broken down as to:-

Acceptance fee £235.00

Mortgage Ind fee £1650.00

Interest Charge £24410.65

The agreement was signed by me on 09.11.05 and was not signed by "a witness to customer signature" and Welcome Finance until 22/11/05, certainly not on their business premises. A copy was posted to me after that date. I then received a letter from 1st Stop Finance enclosing a new legal charge to be signed as they had filled in an incorrect title number on the first legal charge. This I did not sign nor send back.

On 19 April 2006 a B133 (Notice to a registered proprietor of an application to enter a unilateral notice was sent to me, this application being loded by Progressive Fin Serv Ltd Sub Apps, without my signature.

I also received a Direct Debit Mandate which I did not sign, as it related to a Personal Loan Agreement signed on Trade Premises. By signing I would have declared that the Agreement was signed at the business premises, which it was not.

I then received several letter from Lewis Debt Recovery asking me if I would "like to save £16802.75", by paying an amount of £9047.64, which I have ignored. I have had further letters entitled "An Opportunity Too Good to Miss!" dated 2nd and 15th September 2009 concerning "possible settlement of this debt".

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :confused:

That will be similar to the message left on my phone saying "Please phone for some fantastic news!"

:D

It sounds as if somebody has actually bothered to look through your paperwork and thought a "Mr Nice Guy" approach would work best. I assume that if Lewis is sending you stuff you have either stopped paying, or are in arrears?

I'd tend to leave well alone until there is more concrete news about Welcome's future. Or lack of it.

Might be an idea to pop a copy of so-called agreement up for an opinion of enforcability though. Forewarned is forearmed.

Thanks for the quick response, greatly appreciated. I will scan a copy of the agreement on to here tomorrow morning and would again appreciate your opinion.

Yes, in arrears at mo with payments, however no nasty letters received to date, only the Lewis ones. Are Welcome really in trouble?

for a start, you need to send this by recorded delievery to this address

welcome financial services

compliance

ruddington fields business park

ruddington

nottingham

ng11 6nz

enclose a £10 postal order and send recorded

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

Ime Getting Confirmation But I Think I Have Just Made You A Very Happy Bunny

Ill Post The Agreement Up Onto Your Thread But As Well As Charging Mortage Indemnity Fee On A Loan Below 25 K, Not A Mortage

You Are Being Charged Interest On This Fee:D

I NEED IT CONFIRMED THOUGH