ldticp V Halifax PLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A friend of mine made me aware of the whole claiming back of money situation so today I called the Halifax and requested a statement detailing any and all charges fully itemised from 1st January 2000.

The agent on the phone was very helpful and advised me thats no problem he`s arranged it and I should receive within 7-10 working days, he never mentioned any £10 charge.

Have I screwed up right at the start here by not following the DPA procedure mentioned in the site?

Not necessarily, if Halifax send them to you all well and good. If they do not then you may end up having to send the letter anyway. You will have lost some time but little else.

While you are waiting however, read the FAQ's and the other posts about Halifax so you know what to expect.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just received my statements this morning so about to embark on sorting out the charges and sending a claim to the bank. Will keep this updated and let you know how it goes.

Incidently I requested bank statements over the phone, I recieved a letter asking me to confirm the £5 charge called them back and confirmed and have now received my statements 6 days later.

Good Luck!

Current Account Halifax

25th May sent Data Protection Act recieved 19th June

20th June Request Charges Letter Sent

29th June £170 offered..

4th July LBA sent

16th July £507 offered

25th July MCOL claimed

30th July Deemed Served

15th August Applied for Judgement

24th August Paid out in full

Read, ReAD READ!!! Its THE Only Way 2Win!!!

Make a 5% donation to the site, Help them to Help You.

Any advice that I may give is only through experience of my own claim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been so busy haven`t even had time to update this :o

The halifax came back to me with an offer of £340 a couple of weeks back now so I replied with the thanks for the £340 I'll await the rest and if I don`t hear file a court claim as per the notes.

Anyway filed the court claim yesterday online all seemed fine double checked everything ect.

Check it today, however, and massive problem the section addresses claimant has the halifax details in instead of mine. Does anyone know if this has totally screwed up the claim?

• 2 weeks later...

yes, now you also need to get reading on the next stage i.e them submitting a defence, you also will receive an allocation questionaire from the court one they do so get reading on that, all the help you need is in the library section, also read the longer threads to give you an idea of what to expect.