Cohen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are being taken to court to over a £1200 + debt.We are both disabled my husband very.My daughter knew nothing of our debts till she received paperwork Sat morning.Husband & her own the house ,and it's been adapted for disability needs.

My husband just ignored papers without telling me.Now I'm so scared I'll lose my house.Plse help?

Edited by halloween

You will NOT lose the house.

The absolute worst case scenario is that Coward Hohen will get awarded a forthwith judgment, and then may apply for a charging order. In that event, an unsecured debt becomes secured on the property, but a forced sale is extremely rare. It will certainly not happen in the circumstances you describe.

That is the absolute worst case scenario, and we are a very long way from that yet. What you will need to do is acknowledge service of the claim, to buy yourself a bit more time, and then send out requests for vital information under the Civil Procedure Rules. We have letters on the CAG which can do this for you.

We will need some information from you to make sure we get the letters exactly right.

Please answer postggj's questions first, and then we can take it from there.

Whatever the circumstances, acknowledging service will be the first step.

We're here to help. Any questions, just ask.

SH

ill be back in a few hours to sort this for you

the only way to get a charging order on your house is to get a ccj first, thats a long way off, believe me

you mention unsecured debt

is that credit card

loan

etc etc

back soon

Halloween,

If court papers are involved you MUST act within the timescales otherwise the problem will get worse. You need to tell us exactly what situation you are in here. Have you just received a claim form sent through Northampton, or have you already received Judgment in Default and now they have applied for a charging order? We can only give advice if we know what your situation is.

Whatever the situation, you will only have a limited time to act, so please let us know. We don't need anything which would identify you personally, and it is much better if that is kept off the forum. We just need to know the situation so we can give you the correct advice.

Postggj is an Authoritative poster with nearly 10,000 posts, and experience of dealing with Coward Hohen. You are in good hands here, and have a great opportunity to get some really useful help and advice. Please don't waste it.

SH

my husband received a ccj that i knew nothing about and he hasnt returned their mails.we have agreed £1 p.month and I have told them all about his disabilities especially but they say there's nothing they can do now.This was a loan ,and we didnt keep payments up.They are just dealing with me now as he cant cope with paperwork.Apart from his major probs he's severely dislexic .

My husband hasnt that many years left ,if he has years .My disabilities are just arthritis and peripheral neuropathy ,his are way more complex.