• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mobile Money - is the contract correctly drawn up?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everybody,

I have been stupid in taking out a Mobile Money Loan for £4k against my car! I needed the money quickly and had hoped to pay it off very quickly from some funds that were due to me. Alas, I have still to receive the expected funds and worried about being able to continue to pay these people (and if not losing my car!).

I can see from a few posts here that if all of the paperwork has been signed by the same person then it may not be valid. This is actually the case with my paperwork - the Bill of Sale was witnessed by the same guy who signed the agreement for the lender. In fact he was the only one in the shop at the time (all his colleagues were on holidays).

First of all - is the above correct?

Secondly, if so, I am minded to take them on over this. Can anyone suggest a solicitor who has had experience in this area please?

Thanks.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Have you considered up-loading the paperwork, I am sure one of the experts will advise, please remember to edit out personally identifiable information.

Andy

Hi Everybody,

I have been stupid in taking out a Mobile Money Loan for £4k against my car! I needed the money quickly and had hoped to pay it off very quickly from some funds that were due to me. Alas, I have still to receive the expected funds and worried about being able to continue to pay these people (and if not losing my car!).

I can see from a few posts here that if all of the paperwork has been signed by the same person then it may not be valid. This is actually the case with my paperwork - the Bill of Sale was witnessed by the same guy who signed the agreement for the lender. In fact he was the only one in the shop at the time (all his colleagues were on holidays).

Secondly, if so, I am minded to take them on over this. Can anyone suggest a solicitor who has had experience in this area please?

Thanks.

If that's the case as you state, he may have not followed the BoS correctly even better is to see if it was registerd correctly at the courts, they must be done withing 7 days of you signing. Did you sign a Credit Agreement at the same time? as stated, post up without personal details in photobucket, then the members can have a look.

Are you behind in payments now?

trooper68

Trooper68:)

If that's the case as you state, he may have not followed the BoS correctly even better is to see if it was registerd correctly at the courts, they must be done withing 7 days of you signing. Did you sign a Credit Agreement at the same time? as stated, post up without personal details in photobucket, then the members can have a look.

Are you behind in payments now?

trooper68

Hi,

Thanks for the advice; I have now uploaded a copy of the docs - all signed at the same time by me and the MM parts all signed in my presence, by the same guy!

I will try and find out if the BOS has been correctly registered at the courts. Any idea how I go about this please?

Not yet behind in payments. About to pay first one. Wife is going mad with me for getting into this. But needs must sometimes!

scan of mm agreement.pdf

Hi,

Thanks for the advice; I have now uploaded a copy of the docs - all signed at the same time by me and the MM parts all signed in my presence, by the same guy!

I will try and find out if the BOS has been correctly registered at the courts. Any idea how I go about this please?

Not yet behind in payments. About to pay first one. Wife is going mad with me for getting into this. But needs must sometimes![/quote

I've had a look, the witness and the lender is the same person, I can see the occupation of the witness- Manager, Hmm did she benifit from the sale? commision?. So it's looking a bit shaky there for them, did you see if the BoS is done at the courts within 7 "clear" days?

anyone seen anything i've missed?

The payments on the first page are not the same as the second, which is it, not looking to good there, its looking unenforcable, but, the site/members to confirm?

And they have charged you at 280.1% for 6 months at a little bit further down is states 249.9% is that apr or monthly??

Not looking to good for them.

Now before you take these guys on, hide the car if you can or get a court order preventing them from taking it or clamping it.

trooper68

Hi,

Not yet behind in payments. About to pay first one. Wife is going mad with me for getting into this. But needs must sometimes![/quote

I've had a look, the witness and the lender is the same person, I can see the occupation of the witness- Manager, Hmm did she benifit from the sale? commision?. So it's looking a bit shaky there for them, did you see if the BoS is done at the courts within 7 "clear" days?

anyone seen anything i've missed?

The payments on the first page are not the same as the second, which is it, not looking to good there, its looking unenforcable, but, the site/members to confirm?

And they have charged you at 280.1% for 6 months at a little bit further down is states 249.9% is that apr or monthly??

Not looking to good for them.

Now before you take these guys on, hide the car if you can or get a court order preventing them from taking it or clamping it.

trooper68

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I will find out about the BOS and post details here when I ascertain if it was correctly registered.

trooper68

HIDE THE CAR!!!

Even if you have a court order which prevents them from taking the car or clamping it... they STILL WILL. Then they have your car and will argue it out in the courts (all the time you are carless).

To them you are just a few grand........ small fry. Having no car for you is a major hassle. AND THEY KNOW THIS!! so they will still take your car even if they have been ordered not to. And i know this from experience. I had an injunction ordering them to release the clamp on my car within 24 hours.... did they do it? did they buggery. Did they turn up for a court hearing? Did they buggery.... they couldnt care less and think they are above the law..... dirty thieves.

UKD.

HIDE THE CAR!!!

Even if you have a court order which prevents them from taking the car or clamping it... they STILL WILL. Then they have your car and will argue it out in the courts (all the time you are carless).

To them you are just a few grand........ small fry. Having no car for you is a major hassle. AND THEY KNOW THIS!! so they will still take your car even if they have been ordered not to. And i know this from experience. I had an injunction ordering them to release the clamp on my car within 24 hours.... did they do it? did they buggery. Did they turn up for a court hearing? Did they buggery.... they couldnt care less and think they are above the law..... dirty thieves.

UKD.

Wow! Thanks for that advice. I thought that I would have been safe with an injunction and that is the way I was about to proceed! I have to be extra careful since they have the spare keys!!

Can I ask - did you beat them in the end? Surely, they would be liable for massive damages for defying a court order!!

Hi Everybody,

Thanks.

Just so you know i have done the same thing as you, Not for as much money mine was £400 tuesday night they took my car and my dad had to buy it back wensday which he did, I phoned all the high courts of london and solictors citezen advise everyone i could possibley think of who could help, Mobile money do take up everything by the book with the high courts, They do not need to be any independ whitnesses as you and the person who takes out the loan are both supposed to read the small print ect, I have aruge everything i could and checked to see if it was all filled out correctly and it was! But it was only me and the other guy too which i thought i could do something regarding that but i couldnt either! You have a 4 week cool off perioud which can be taken but you do need to start making payments or contact a manger and tell them you cant come up with it and offer a lower payment but then again you need to contact the high courts of london and ask them to suspend the sezie of your car, I moved address from where my loan was taken out and they found me! if you lock your car away they will just follow you and take it from work or a car park where you leave it they had been following me for about 2 week and took it after a hour of me coming in.

Zara-Lea :p

Just so you know i have done the same thing as you, Not for as much money mine was £400 tuesday night they took my car and my dad had to buy it back wensday which he did, I phoned all the high courts of london and solictors citezen advise everyone i could possibley think of who could help, Mobile money do take up everything by the book with the high courts, They do not need to be any independ whitnesses as you and the person who takes out the loan are both supposed to read the small print ect, I have aruge everything i could and checked to see if it was all filled out correctly and it was! But it was only me and the other guy too which i thought i could do something regarding that but i couldnt either! You have a 4 week cool off perioud which can be taken but you do need to start making payments or contact a manger and tell them you cant come up with it and offer a lower payment but then again you need to contact the high courts of london and ask them to suspend the sezie of your car, I moved address from where my loan was taken out and they found me! if you lock your car away they will just follow you and take it from work or a car park where you leave it they had been following me for about 2 week and took it after a hour of me coming in.

Thanks for that. This is useful information. The picture of what these guys get up to is frightening! I am going to take them on, but will have to be very very careful !!!

Thanks for that. This is useful information. The picture of what these guys get up to is frightening! I am going to take them on, but will have to be very very careful !!!

Contact trading standers, Also Citizens advise in your local area, And also if you contact the high courts of london they can tell you over the phone for free if they are planning on taking your car (i rang them this morning i was a day late but they still told me they was within there rights) Mobile money do have a reg number with them! But you can apply over the phone to suspend any plans of them taking it aswell, Do it by the book that way they can not take your car, If you contact Citizen advise they will give you the best legal aid and 9times out of 10 its a free serivce aswell if you go to normal solictor your going to get a big bill, they can not enter a building without a bailift but they will try saying they are one but honeslty they are not, they can not touch u either one of them went to push me away from my car till my father pulled up and said you touch my lil girl and i'll break your legs mate! Try your best to suspend any out going stuff with the high courts of london and while eva u have a suspension on going they cant take it! ive got loads of info from citzens advise and im going to try everything i can into getting my money i paid back to get my car back of the bastards!

Took out a log book loan with MOBILE MONEY stupid stupid stupid

Anyway they wrote to me my wife saw letter and rand them up THEY THEN PROCEEDED TO TELL HER all my PRIVATE INFORMATION on the LOAN how much when repayments etc....

A COMPLEAT breach of confidentiality , because of this my wife has become very upset and chucked me out !!! Now I'm out of my home cant vsee my kid and having to pay rent and a mortgage !!!

Now I cannot afford the Repayment

I complained Mobile Money wrote saying sorry but it was "HUMAN ERROR" like F**K it was i told them under no circumstances was my business to disclosed to anyone , there website assures confidentiality so did the staff so that is contracted clause in my agreement with them privacy !!

I have suffered a huge lose due to this breach of CONFIDENTIALITY, I wrote to Mobiler oney asking for a little time to sort myself out !!

They said NO

I think any judge in the LAND will see this as them causing me to have a loss

aNy advice /help people

Took out a log book loan with MOBILE MONEY stupid stupid stupid

Anyway they wrote to me my wife saw letter and rand them up THEY THEN PROCEEDED TO TELL HER all my PRIVATE INFORMATION on the LOAN how much when repayments etc....

A COMPLEAT breach of confidentiality , because of this my wife has become very upset and chucked me out !!! Now I'm out of my home cant vsee my kid and having to pay rent and a mortgage !!!

Now I cannot afford the Repayment

I complained Mobile Money wrote saying sorry but it was "HUMAN ERROR" like F**K it was i told them under no circumstances was my business to disclosed to anyone , there website assures confidentiality so did the staff so that is contracted clause in my agreement with them privacy !!

I have suffered a huge lose due to this breach of CONFIDENTIALITY, I wrote to Mobiler oney asking for a little time to sort myself out !!

They said NO

I think any judge in the LAND will see this as them causing me to have a loss

aNy advice /help people

Hey, They did this with me but it was my dad they told (im only 22), You need to contact trading standers and citzens advise bueruo, Most there paper work is void, the use threatening words (i.e small print says they can break and open door to gain your car) which they cant do either! 9 times out of 10 the whitness is the person who gives you the loan so that makes the boS void too, while you have this going you need to contact the high courts of london and ask them to suspend anything they have going, I got my car taken and my dad bought it back, and my dad told me to leave it but i aint going to on there paper work mobile money have made 3 errors on mine and i have all there paper work and everything from trading standers what makes it void! Only thing is mines in a million bits and had to tape it back together! Also you are intitled to 4 weeks hoilday/sick!

Hi Everybody,

Thanks.

Hey sum great news for you this morning after hours of reading the papers i got from trading standers i can now tell you that the person who gave you the loan can not be the whitness who signs the bos!! also if you read the small print on your paper work! which is 1 error! 2) on mine it says the may damage any doors windows ect to obain the vechical does it say this on yours too? if so its also void's the BoS! Im going to a solictor today to give them all my paper work and see if i have a fighting chance i know ive paid mine off but surely there something we can all do to get these bastards done!

Hey sum great news for you this morning after hours of reading the papers i got from trading standers i can now tell you that the person who gave you the loan can not be the whitness who signs the bos!! also if you read the small print on your paper work! which is 1 error! 2) on mine it says the may damage any doors windows ect to obain the vechical does it say this on yours too? if so its also void's the BoS! Im going to a solictor today to give them all my paper work and see if i have a fighting chance i know ive paid mine off but surely there something we can all do to get these b*****ds done!

Hi z4r4l3a

Can you post up the copy of the TS paperwork? It would be helpfull to all on the Cag website.

trooper68

Hi z4r4l3a

Can you post up the copy of the TS paperwork? It would be helpfull to all on the Cag website.

trooper68

I dont Know how to do it ive tried but my computer wont do it 4 some reason. I can fax any1 the copys if they need them or pop them in the post if any1 wants to sending them

Hey sum great news for you this morning after hours of reading the papers i got from trading standers i can now tell you that the person who gave you the loan can not be the whitness who signs the bos!! also if you read the small print on your paper work! which is 1 error! 2) on mine it says the may damage any doors windows ect to obain the vechical does it say this on yours too? if so its also void's the BoS! Im going to a solictor today to give them all my paper work and see if i have a fighting chance i know ive paid mine off but surely there something we can all do to get these b*****ds done!

Good work.

We will sort these guys out between us.

Just checked my agreement - it has exactly the same clause re damaging doors and windows!! Although in my case, they have the spare keys ! Doh!

I need to find out how exactly to check if the BOS was registered in time with the courts. Can any one tell me please?

The high courts of london 0845 4568770 if you phone them up they will tell you that the are registered and if you pay £5.00 over the phone you can have it in wrighting, Is both parts of yours signed by the same person? Also if you dont mind me asking where in the uk are you?

The high courts of london 0845 4568770 if you phone them up they will tell you that the are registered and if you pay £5.00 over the phone you can have it in wrighting, Is both parts of yours signed by the same person? Also if you dont mind me asking where in the uk are you?

Thanks; I will call them and check the dates of the BOS.

Yes, my agreement was signed by the same person. He was the only guy in the office; the rest were on holiday! PM sent re my location.

Thanks; I will call them and check the dates of the BOS.

Yes, my agreement was signed by the same person. He was the only guy in the office; the rest were on holiday! PM sent re my location.

They have to have someone there other than the person who took the loan out to be a whitness, Your best of contacting the high courts of london and also trading standers! Im defo not letting this drop with the they put me down as a mr as well i aint no man! so all in all theres 4 mistakes on mine hence the reason the twats rang me the nexted day offering to buy my car back!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, Me and my wife brought a car 3 months ago from a private seller! last firday we had someone come to our door from mobile money saying they own our car as the previous person took out a logbook loan but never paid. They have giving us the option to pay £701 or they will take the car at 11am tomorrow!! We only paid £600 for the car but spent £350 getting it through its m.o.t last month.

I brought this car in good faith but they said they dont care, They have a bill of sale in place to say they now own the car!!

Can anyone please help me in anyway

Thankyou all

Thankyou for that advise, They are arriving today at 11am but the car wont be here! I called the courts yesterday to check the B.O.S but the courts told me there was not one in place, so it is going to be very interesting when LBL turn up today as they told me they will bring the B.O.S with them to show me, I will keep you updated!!