Funding from PCT! Absolutely fuming!!

natalie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 5 year old little boy has been referred to have his adenoids and tonsils out. He has awful breathing problems and has had tonsillitis for about 6months now, and is really ill with it at times.

I rang the hospital today because we hadnt received an appointment for his op yet (referral was 2 months ago) to be told that the PCT doesnt automatically authorise funding for all tonsillectomies and so he will have to wait for them to decide and for all the formfilling/ bureaucracy to take place before he gets an op date.

On ringing the PCT, they told me that after a consultant has referred a child for the op,they then have to justify the decision to the PCT to get funding.

I am so angry, not only that this is happening, but that no one bothered to let me know.

So what should I do, I cant leave my little boy in pain while they make up their minds if they are going to pay for it.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I can only suggest you write a formal complaint to the hospital concerned so that you get their explanation in writing. Also, perhaps it is worthwhile contacting your MP and/or contacting the local newspaper with your story. The louder you shout the more likely it is you are likely to be listened to.

That is exactly what it is, an hour after phoning the PCT and questioning why the funding wasnt available and why they had consultants if they didnt trust their judgement I got a call to say my son's op has been authorised.

Seems funding is available for those who ask questions and make a fuss.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09