Pumpy tums Vs Capital One

pumpytums
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Last week I received a letter from C1 stating that the signature on my letter CCA/SAR does not match the one they have on record which is true I printed not signed the requests. C1 are now requesting copies of documents showing my current signature ie drivers license/passport, I'm sorry I will not send these documents. Do you think If I send a copy of a recent utility bill along with a scan of the card they will accept that? I've never heard of creditors going to these lengths before requesting a signature yes but not an official signed document!!

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks in advance

Pumpy

Edited by pumpytums

Hi,

Somewhere on this huge forum is a paragraph that can be added to a letter which goes along the lines of, " As you been sending letters of a personal nature to this address in the past, why suddenly are you asking for proof of who I am" I have looked and can't find it:x

Crap1 are fairly intransigent when it comes to supplying documents so I would just send a copy of a utility bill.

If you want to include a signature, either use signguard or make your signature different to normal and make a copy of it-just in case

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi.

cant find it either,but was something like

you have sent statements/correspondence containing sensitive private information to me at the same address.

If you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person,I wonder why you have not verified the information before.

as you are aware disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contary to the 7th principal of the data protection,listed in schedule 1 of the data protection act 1998.

SAM

Found it :D

Letter 19 here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Obviously adjust if it was for a SAR

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I actually thought Crap 1 were better than some of the other companies. I actually realise the truth now they are actually useless.

To date no reply to my CCA just "a we require a copy of your passport/drivers licence" letter. So account clearly in dispute I have sent them why I will not be providing such information. The reply more of exactly the same letter for my signed documents.

The replied to my SAR, you guessed it one of the above letters even though they cant even remember to put my references on them.

Continuing letters from old Fred and a lovely letter from old Bryan, please your scaring me. How similar the Fred and Bryan contact numbers are I wonder why????.

Basically I have enough of this shower so its letters before action. How do I proceed with the action please?

I'm still paying token payments I really don't understand why now I actually thought MBN@ were bad but at least they were persistant and they could print a letter correctly.

This lot must be the country bumkins of the financial world.

All comments wil be gratefully recieved.

Pumpytums

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I have finally received my SAR data from Capone. The CCA looks pretty enforceable its after April 2007 for a start. The one thing that intrigues me is they refuse to send a copy of my DN, I have a notice of default which is basically terminating the account but no DN. I don't believe I was ever sent one. The only info regarding the DN is in the comms log it gives a predicted date and amount but thats all.

Can anyone give me the general layout of a late 2009 Capone DN please? I'm intruged how long they give as signed off is mentioned in the comms log and it seems very tight to the predicted DN date.

Also can anyone give me the details of the case where the DN was rendered invalid due to charges I belive a percentage was give something like 36% I have searched but can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance

Pumpytums

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

due to a change in my circumstances I'm now in a position to pay capone what I consider to be avery good monthly amount. Unfortunately they have rejected my offer as they said I have to deal with our special friend Fredriksons Threat International. I recently wrote to capone saying refund charges + PPI and I will make payments directly not through a third party.

Obviously they have some form of contract with fred.

The account has mis sold PPI the account balance is £4k+ after calculation the charges+PPI come close to £800. I have never seen the default for the account but one seems to be on my credit file. I believe the DN states the arrears are less than my PPI+charges. I can only see this amount on my comms log.

Basically what should I do I refuse to deal with old Fred and his special uncle bryan. Should I may payments direct to capone, I have been making small token payments to them.

The account dates after April 2007 and seems enforceable.

I have put the account in dispute last year as capone were playing silly games with my SAR. The account is still in dispute as I dispute the charges+PPI.

Any comments are gratefully accepted.

Pumpytums

Have you found that copy DN yet? Got one early 2010 if you want to see it. Will get Mrs M to dig it out and post it.

Can fred or Bryan prove that they ought to be paid? If not, insist on dealing with the OC only as far as payment is concerned. Also, interest and charges - insist they stop or no deal.

M

Hi mate,

nope no DN never had it. The letter is quite amusing I quote "We suggest where possible, payments should continue to be made to your account. These payments will go towards reducing your outstanding balance” So in one breath they say deal with dodgy uncle Fred as we have placed it with him, then they say the above. They probably have a deal with them. I've just drafted a letter saying I'm going to pay you stuff uncle fred (basically). To be honest they have stopped interest and charges. I just get the odd letter from Fred threatening me.

I have never sent a payment proposal to Fred.

Pumpytums

Hi Pumpytums am putting up the DN my son received.

cap1dn.jpg

Not sure if it is legal maybe some one will have a look and see then you will know if you receive one whether it is worth worrying about.

Mrs M