• Tweets

• no that is not a defence. because you don't have a photo
    • I purchased the vehicle using finance through motonovo under a HP 60 months agreement. I have now amended the document ensuring all is in black. Unfortunately, this email has now been sent. However, I have not sent a letter to big motoring world. Also, I have taken the section of the firealarm issue. I am struggling to convert to PDF. I am not tech savy at all. My mistake was that the the salesman was very fussy on a sale. We went down a quiet road for a little test drive and not for a lengthy road test. The water issue was not present at this moment of time. However, it only became prevalent after driving away, after all docs signed. I did stated to Audi I wanted a diagnostic report. However, they carried out an Audicam which is footage of the issue. Audi have diagnosed the issue as a common issue where coupes/cabriolets accumulate water in the seals. However, I did state beforehand for no issue to be rectified due to me wanting to reject the vehicle. I am awaiting a report from Audi through email from the branch manager in relation to the issue. The issue so far is the water still being present in the sills. Audi tried to fix the issue however the problem is still prevalent. Regards 
    • First begging letter received from Overdales   ;Blah blah blah, our client's are going to win this blah blah blah we supplied all your documents under CPR   PS you can stop all this by paying £1200 less in a lump sum
    • Right,  so the court hasn't send out the Directions Questionnaires/N180s yet. PE's one is a false one, meant to intimidate you into thinking your defence was rubbish and they are confident with their claim. This is par for the course.  The PPCs do this regularly. However, PE have gone further and written that "a copy has also been filed with the court" which is a lie as the court haven't even sent out the papers yet. Keep a screenshot of MCOL, later on in your WS you can draw attention to their lying and abuse of court procedure. If you've got time on your hands, then complain to the BPA about one of their members lying.    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cabot/Morgan & My Monument card case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P.S. have you got a C.C.J. in your case. ? i.e. is it still outstanding.

Probably not yet registered but it will be very soon:( case only went to court 3 weeks ago.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

No agreement = no enforcable debt.

Just to say not all DJs know the law:eek:

I agree. In your defense you must assume nothing. Hit them hard with case law and specific statute for every single contested statement. Assume the DJ is an 'educated idiot' and that s/he will believe everything the other side say because they are corporate UK. The only job of the DJ is to work on the balance of probability of who is right based on what is presented in court.

Fussy - if that was the last time you paid or said you owed then yes.

Hiya both.....

I realise what you are saying, I have a lot of "swotting" and rehearsing

and at the back of my mind will be.... its there, if you don't put it over correctly and fluently you will lose it....

This in mind, I have just phoned the court to ask if the otherside has put in their A.Q's. The nice lady at the court said she couldn't see any..

sooooo, what happens if they miss the deadline for returning their A.Q's.?

I am assuming that they will have had to do this too..

Addendum..... just phoned the court again, and been told Small Claims for Feb 2010. order will be going out for me later to-day.

She said that this means we have to tell the other side what the evidence is.

and vice versa (I assume)

s.f.

Edited by sir fussalot

Hiya both.....

I realise what you are saying, I have a lot of "swotting" and rehearsing

and at the back of my mind will be.... its there, if you don't put it over correctly and fluently you will lose it....

This in mind, I have just phoned the court to ask if the otherside has put in their A.Q's. The nice lady at the court said she couldn't see any..

sooooo, what happens if they miss the deadline for returning their A.Q's.?

I am assuming that they will have had to do this too..

s.f.

Based on my case history the AQ was in early and they submitted an app for SJ.

If they do not file on time you can complain to the court that they have not followed the Judges order----but that is about it really. If they do not file at all, then you can ask the court to force them to submit or face a strike out order.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Fussy

With regards to your default notice. Prior to October 2006, they only had to give 7 days notice for repairing the breach. Your DN is dated 10th April 2006, and they have given you until 24th April, so I think you will find that they have given you enough time.

You clearly have an application form which they regard as an agreement, so their arguments should be defeated long before any DN gets added to the into the fray.

Alan

Alangee....:eek:

Thank you for that. :mad:

Now I know that that is 1 point dealt with..(better here than in a court)

I can concentrate on the "No Agreement" aspect :)

Cheers

Justoutofinterest.....

they gave me the date of 24th. but acted before the date they had given me.

is there any "mileage", in that ?

s.f.

THat sounds quite nice, especially points 7,8 and 9, though I found that [problem] asked for and received a variation so that they don't have to produce the documents at court:(

Civil Procedure Rule Practice Direction 16 Para 7.3 states:

7.3 Where a claim is based upon a written agreement:

(1) A copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing, and;

(2) Any general conditions of sale incorporated in the contract should also be attached (but where the contract is or the documents constituting the agreement are bulky this practice direction is complied with by attaching or serving only the relevant parts of the contract or documents)

Here is what I asked for in a DRAFT ORDER in my A.Q's..

"On the 3rd of September 2009 I requested the disclosure of information pursuant to the civil procedure rules.This was delivered and signed for on the 4th September 2009 at the offices of Morgan solicitors. ( proof of delivery available). Copy attached ref; “B”

I received no reply until the 6th October 2009.Where the letter stated that their office had received my request on 4th October 2009.

(copy attached ref; “C”)

The requested information is vital to file a full and complete defence against the case from the CLAIMANT.

To date, the Claimant has ignored my request, and has only supplied an illegible copy of the application form, illegible copy of Terms & conditions and stated that a Default Notice is not required, along with a few statements

As a litigant in person, I would respectfully ask the court to enforce this request for the information. Should the court also think fit, with regards to the time the claimant has already had regarding this request, that the claim be struck out if not presented in what the court considers to be a reasonable time.

I would ask the court to allow me to enter a revised defence/counterclaim if the CLAIMANT successfully provides all the information requested.

Now IF,

They turn up with anything, can I take my AMENDED Defence and will it be allowed..

OR IF,

Theyhave nothing new added or supplied, can I ask for a "Case dismissed"

sir fussalot

Edited by sir fussalot

Civil Procedure Rule Practice Direction 16 Para 7.3 states:

7.3 Where a claim is based upon a written agreement:

(1) A copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing, and;

(2) Any general conditions of sale incorporated in the contract should also be attached (but where the contract is or the documents constituting the agreement are bulky this practice direction is complied with by attaching or serving only the relevant parts of the contract or documents)

Yes and originally my DJ had requested this, but following a request from [problem], he changed it to 'any documents in their possession', which opens up a whole new line of questioning!!!

Nice one fussy, if you've not sent it yet I would add in direction 16, if you have sent it send a copy to morgans with a cover letter reminding them of d16. About the DN, cannot remember off the top of my head - might be section 127? Anyway it's explicit in the Act that a DN is need to begin court.

and court = termination therefore no dn = unlawful recission!!!

(BTW some idiot acting for DLC threatened me with court yesterday - they got a 'bring it on meatsack' fax 10 minutes later - fingers crossed they grow a spine!!!

Hiya H.B.

Its nice to have a sense of purpose in life innit'.

just a point whilst I have 2 educated brains on the thread. Hello Cymruambyth......

Is a TERMINATION of an account the same as CLOSING an account.

( Sorry to appear dense But; we may be talking Legal Definitions here)

s.f.

WOW. first time I have spelled Cymruambyth correctly without writing it down first !!!

I may be just keeping my head above the water here with strategies etc.

But I was going to send Morgans. (I take it that I respond to Morgans, Cabrots solicitors, and NOT Cabrot direct. :?) Part of the letter H.B. quoted in post # 65 and ALL that I will rely on, e.g. Quotes from the C.C. Act regs AND case law precedents etc.

Then I was going to see it from their point. That is to try and get around MY argument, in order to then be able to counter their attack.

Blimey!, it all sound's sooo simple.....:-|

s.f.

It is all sooo simple until and unless you get an idiot for a DJ who thinks he is the law rather than enforceing the law!

Closing the account constitutes termination as far as I know - but taking you to court definately does. Yes I think 127(3) etc is good. You could always go for a strike out direction on the grounds of none complience with Direction 16 which brings us into vexacious litigation based on hearsay.

Cymruambyth (which I spell with a simple copy/paste!):

what documents inthe possession of scm did the dj rely on?

• 1 month later...

Hiya All, Happy New Year. Here we go, second's away round 3.

The Order said, (6) all parties must deliver to every other party and to the court office, copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely at the hearing no later than fourteen days before the hearing.

Hearing on 2nd Feb, so 14 days end to-nite 20-Jan..

No papers, or any correspondence from the other side...

I asked in my AQs that after this time i may be granted a further 14 days for my defence, although he didnt say anything about this in his "order".

As I have not been able to furnish any evidence etc.. Would I ring the court up tomorrow and explain, or not?

Closing the account constitutes termination as far as I know

yes closing the account is termination...you will also find that MSDW sold all the accounts without default notice and also issued a nil balance on the statements...they cannot undo the termination and have blown it with the nil balance on the statements ive got the same davefirewalker has the same so looks like you are in same boat as us...my debt was sold to HFOC lol and they are getting hammered cause they are a caymen illse company but have now transferred their assets to eire but the ilegal assignments is whats blown it for HFOC ..