Sony or Toshiba TV?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't supose it's relvant but I had chance to visit a friend who's tv is a 55in LED Samsung and they invited me round to watch Dark Knight the latest batman thingy...not really my cup of tea the film...I'd tried watching it once before but gave up half way through.

But in any case, I took a spiv round and settled in to watch the tv...and I gots to say the definition, the clarity the whole thing well and truly ghasted my flabber.....bloomin amazing and I have never seen anything like it ever on a tv....I've seen similar sized tv's but nothing compares to the pic on my friends 55in Samsung.....amazing....

I came home, switched my own 17yrs old inherited JVC tv...which whilst the picture is good....it's nothing like what I'd just seen so switched it off and went to bed in a sulk....

His tv was £2300, there is one in a currys superstore in London that I happend across that was £76,000 to buy 100in and it wasn't a patch on the Samsung LED....but at 76k I don't think I'll be owning one this lifetime.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Well, something that does bother me with TV's... My 22" monitor has the same number of pixels as a 55" TV (1080 pitch), It's much harder to fit 2 million pixels into 22" than to fit them into 50" so the 50" should be cheaper!

CRT have had their day, and a jolly good run at that. LCD and plasma are not going to have half the life expectancy. Something will come along that's cheaper to produce and offers an equal or higher picture clarity.

One test to see how good the quality of a screen is, Get something jet black, hold it up to the screen displaying a black image (with a monitor just use paint and fill the screen with black) and see the difference. Vivid blacks make a picture look a lot better.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar