holiday complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently complained in writing (also complained whilst at resort) about a shambles of a holiday, but I have recieved a letter in reply saying that they are requesting 28 days to deal with this complaint.

This seems like a long time, is this just a stalling tactic, or is this a reasonable request?

Hi there,

Can you provide a bit more info... like what the complaint was about ect. I think its a standard time that they require to investigate so I don't think there is much you can do for now.

But if you want to starrt obtaing advice on what to do if it goes pear-shape, then you will need to post more info!

hiya, thanks for your reply.

We went on holiday to butlins and the accommodation was absolutely filthy and we had booked two double beds and two single beds, but we got one double bed and four single beds. The single beds were really small and not suitable for adults. Also we had booked a week of full board but only received 4 days.

We are asking for compensation because we dont feel we got what we paid for.

If you have in writing that you have paid for 7 days FB and only received 4...that you could prove, then they are screwed on that point. Simply goes against the contract. Were there any other factors to this?

Did you ask for specific compensation? always best IMO.....otherwise they'll palm you off with peanuts.

Anymore detailed info would help.

hiya, thanks for your reply.

We went on holiday to butlins and the accommodation was absolutely filthy and we had booked two double beds and two single beds, but we got one double bed and four single beds. The single beds were really small and not suitable for adults. Also we had booked a week of full board but only received 4 days.

We are asking for compensation because we dont feel we got what we paid for.

Sorry to hear about your problems, ive experienced similar problems and with the same holiday Company, due to the lack of response etc from the company i have now exausted the companies complaints procedure, this matter is now progressing through the Small Claims Court.

I would reccomend that you keep a reocrd of all communication sent and received, try and avoid using the telephone, speaking from experinece they will unfortunatley try and fob you off.

Can you let us know what resort you went to and who you have written to date ?

The retailers worst nightmare !

Has anyone been to skegness the week commencing 6th july to 13th july and had food poisioning from the resturants. My family did and was asked to leave the resort incase it was a virus or the other option was for the 4 of us 2 young kids to stay in a small room for 48 hours which was the end of our holiday anyway. I have complained to the director of the resort with no joy now trading standards is dealing with it but thinks i should claim personal injuries.

Has anyone been to skegness the week commencing 6th july to 13th july and had food poisioning from the resturants. My family did and was asked to leave the resort incase it was a virus or the other option was for the 4 of us 2 young kids to stay in a small room for 48 hours which was the end of our holiday anyway. I have complained to the director of the resort with no joy now trading standards is dealing with it but thinks i should claim personal injuries.

I was extremely concerned and sorry to hear of your problems relating to Butlins, Skegness. I hope you are all feeling better now.

Whilst i have not experineced food concerns on resort, i am progressing through the courts with Butlins on another subject, but they might be people out there similar to you and your family.

I would recomend you start your own thread, as to avoid hijacking this thread, this will also generate more help personnal to your circumstancies, start your thread with something like - BUTLINS, FOOD POISONING COMPLAINT ! - This will eventually find its way to Google etc, and subcequently people finding your concerns on this website.

I will also provide you with help with Butlins contacts etc on your thread accordingly, as i am not suprised you have had no joy with the resort Director !

Speak soon.

The retailers worst nightmare !