• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

It must and will be this time that i stop for good

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a WAKE UP CALL i recieved last night. I learnt that a close friend of mine is in hospital awaiting a bed in central london to undergo a major operation to repair a hole in his lung.

He woke up yesterday morning with chest pains and thought he was having a heart attack. Called ambulance who arived within a couple of minutes and whisked him off to hospital. had a scan of some sort that revealed a collapsed lung. they insurted a needle above his right nipple to release trapped air. It stopped after a few seconds. staff then made an incision between his ribs, under his right armpit, and incerted a tube into his chest cavity to release more air. He was awake throughout the whole procedure. He says the tube is now attached to a machine under his bed that "sucks" the air out periodicaly. He is 31 yrs old with a 6 yr old boy and his second child is due in 3 months.

I have "tried" to stop smoking before and failed. Now i feel a particular confidence in my abilty to quit that i have never felt before, clearly resulting from my friends missfortune. I ripped up all my tobacco paraphernalia last night and have quit.

I intend on updating this thread weekly as a added dimention of my determination that i may need in the future, even if its just a thumbs up!

To all you Caggers who have quit, Well Done & Congratulations! To those who are anticipating it, please join me and lets rid ourselves of this dirt and quit together

Edited by NaciravBanks

i gave up in march

you can do it

the weed is all in the mind. i agree there is a small chemical addiction but get over the first few days.

no patches etc for me,

whatbi would recomend is get one of the inhalers, try with out the nicotine substitute first.

the reason for this is to keep the hands and mouth busy because of the habit.

you will turn to food otherwise.

i put on 2 stone.

even now i have times when i want a smoke, deep breath and its gone

the craving is no longer there but the memory is.

stopping smoking is realy easy

staying stoped is a whole new ball game

Day 2 and this is not easy at all... In the past I have stopped for several weeks at a time but always with the aid of patches (never felt like I actually stopped because I was still feeding my body nicotine and there was no cravings). When I came off the patches, I went back on the dirt. This time however, I am going cold turkey as I want to rid my body of nicotine once and for all.

It is hard but thinking of my poor friend in hospital and reading comments on here make it so so so much easier. Thank you for your kind words of support.

Day 3

Thanks for the replies.

I am feeling very snappy and irate as expected and I just pray that these feelings will go away soon.

Crapstone, that is excellent news, if I can do it, I guarantee you can also achieve a smoke free life. please keep us updated.

Postggi, The kettle is boiling as I type :). Something else I am finding very soothing are seedless grapes! I hope i dont put on to much weight as a consequence

What an evil product cigarettes are! Education at all levels must be stepped up to spare generations of this misery

i ended up using celary sticks

0 calories in them

i was a pig with a sore head at work

there were times when i was told to start smoking again

they were great and allowed my temper tantrums

this will end after a few days

you have done three days

you can now do another three

Day 5

Going through absolute hell at times. Never in my life have i felt so tense and agitated at anything and everything that on any other day, i would have just deal with it as if it were a breeze. Deep breaths, grapes and long walks are helping a lot. Any hints or tips that will help me further in overcome these feelings please? Deep down i know i have broken up with cigarettes for good and i will never allow one to touch my lips again, but how long does the cravings last? it should start getting easier right? Thanks folks

Well The Nicotine Is Prob Out Your System By Now

From Now On Its All In The Mind

The Cravings Are A Bugger

I Wont Lie To You, Even Now, From Time To Time, I Smell A Fag And Think, I Could Do With One.

But Most Of The Time They Smell Foul, And I Mean Foul

As You Are At Day 5, It Will Get Easier By Every New Day, Believe Me.

I Was Once You, Remember That

Just Do Some Thing Different From Your Normal Routine

Even Now I Still Chew Cellary Sticks

0 Calories

I have lost count of what day i am on and dont actually believe it matters any more. I consider myself a non-smoker now and am very suprised at how easy a ride it has been. Get past the first 4-5 days and its home sweet home. Why i didnt stop earlier, i dont know. Prehaps it was because all my life i have been told that nicotine addiction is EXTREAMLY difficult to overcome and maybe i was afraid of the challenge. Yes, children need to be told this as a means of prevention (i was shown a video in primary school of a man who had to have his legs amputated from smoking. He was sat there smoking a fag as testimony to how difficult nicotine addiction is to break) but i believe it is equally as important for youngsters in particular to be told that nicotine addiction CAN be broken with ease... or is that just encouraging it? i dont know but what i do know is that stopping was a peice of cake!

Thanks for the support folks

I have lost count of what day i am on and dont actually believe it matters any more. I consider myself a non-smoker now and am very suprised at how easy a ride it has been. Get past the first 4-5 days and its home sweet home. Why i didnt stop earlier, i dont know. Prehaps it was because all my life i have been told that nicotine addiction is EXTREAMLY difficult to overcome and maybe i was afraid of the challenge. Yes, children need to be told this as a means of prevention (i was shown a video in primary school of a man who had to have his legs amputated from smoking. He was sat there smoking a fag as testimony to how difficult nicotine addiction is to break) but i believe it is equally as important for youngsters in particular to be told that nicotine addiction CAN be broken with ease... or is that just encouraging it? i dont know but what i do know is that stopping was a peice of cake!

Thanks for the support folks

just want to say thank you and well done

i and my other half are trying to stop smoking and we find all these posts very inspirational, and help us tremendously.

thanks again and keep it up :-)

what i do know is that stopping was a peice of cake!

Please don't get complacent on this. I have just done 11 weeks with the help of Champix. First 11 weeks seemed easy but for some reason I am really struggling now.

Be strong and keep it up.

Good Luck

Skegleg, Thank you. I am very glad to hear you are finding posts on here inspirational. You can stop if you want to, clearly you want to so please stop, it was as simple as that from my experience and i can guarantee i wont pick up a cigarette again .

Toddle2u, Thank you also. The way i see it, i have no choice but to be strong as i am sure you will be to. You are already there surly, 11 weeks! You can do it.

An update on my friends situation is as follows; (post-1)

He has been transferred to London Heart Hospital 4th Floor/Lungs, where he had the operation to seal the hole in his right lung and have the tube removed from between his ribs/chest cavity. He awoke from the general anaesthetic and was x-rayed a short while after. It was evident that his right lung was inflated (good news) so had a couple of local anaesthetic jabs around the tube to allow for it to be removed with as minimal pain as possible. This bit i didn't quiet understand fully as i was reeling from shock at what he told me next. He said that once the nurse pulled the tube out, air got back in, and another tube was inserted into his chest cavity. He is now awaiting the results of a further scan which will determine whether a further operation is required. His words were; "I have about 5 holes around my chest/back (keyhole) and a tube coming out of my chest, please stop smoking"

• 4 weeks later...

All i can suggest is to occupy yourself when you reel the urge to reach for a cigerette.Go for a walk,exercise,anything that steers you away from smoking.............

Dont think you have to go cold turkey either.I did it with Zyban and have never looked back.........It wasnt pleasant but i wanted to give up so much i put up with the side effects.........

STAY STRONG and think of all that money you are saving!!!!!!!!

xx

I was a 30 a day for 30 years so if i can do it any one can :)

Edited by Tillysocute
add on

go for a walk

make a cup of tea

the craving will go for a short time

get past the third day and all it is then is habit.

i stopped in march and have put on 2 stone in weight, its comming off now though.

its habit, a hand and mouth thing,

thats the cycle to break

i ended up chewing celary sticks

0 calories