Cooking with Halogen Cookers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here you go, KT, one bulldozer!

huge.2.12154.JPG

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Think of all those steaks!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi,

Have just acquired my first halogen oven and not really sure what I'm doing with it.

I'm not sure which grill tray to use for different things. For instance if I am cooking oven chips would I use the low or high rack and do I need to put the chips on a tray or straight onto the rack?

lower rack etc , if you look @ the above you will see the non stick mesh I use ideal for nearly everything we cook its only 99p, there is links about it few posts back etc

Edited by kiptower

lower rack etc , if you look @ the above you will see the non stick mesh I use ideal for nearly everything we cook its only 99p, there is links about it few posta back etc

Thanks Kiptower, think you might be hearing from me a lot!

first Rosie welcome to CAG

there are a few that have got right into using the HC, have a read through the many posts and some with pics of what has been done in the HC, also there are tips on extra's to buy and best places to get them

and if you get pics of what you have done in it , it helps others so they can see what has been done,

ours is used most days, other user's ( fivenecks and sheba-dog friends of ours ) use them all the time, their ovens and frying pans in most cases never get used now, and have put many pics up etc,

as often mentioned one of the good things about it it removes most of the fat etc from the food, which of course is healthy option.

first Rosie welcome to CAG

there are a few that have got right into using the HC, have a read through the many posts and some with pics of what has been done in the HC, also there are tips on extra's to buy and best places to get them

and if you get pics of what you have done in it , it helps others so they can see what has been done,

ours is used most days, other user's ( fivenecks and sheba-dog friends of ours ) use them all the time, their ovens and frying pans in most cases never get used now, and have put many pics up etc,

as often mentioned one of the good things about it it removes most of the fat etc from the food, which of course is healthy option.

Thanks for you advice.

Re the wire mesh is that the post about cooking liners?

its actually a fireproof string with a non stick coating , on page 10 post 214 there are details of it , and a link to the 99p shops that do it , you can check if there is one in your area etc from the link, or if not near you may have a friend etc that lives near one that can pick it up for you

also few pages back there is a link to coopers who do an extras kit which is usefull

its actually a fireproof string with a non stick coating , on page 10 post 214 there are details of it , and a link to the 99p shops that do it , you can check if there is one in your area etc from the link, or if not near you may have a friend etc that lives near one that can pick it up for you

also few pages back there is a link to coopers who do an extras kit which is usefull

Just found your post, hadn't seen your reply, we've got a 99p shop near which we use quite a lot, can't wait to get going, this thread is inspiring me!

I did a roast yesterday and was going to use my HO but whimped out! I wasn't sure if I was doing a joint and roast potatoes if the potatoes should go high or low? I haven't got an extender but guess if I did the meat could have gone on the bottom and the potatoes on the high shelf?

way we do roast spuds in it

first peel and cut in half etc , put in plastic back add sea salt to taste and 2 - 3 spoons good cooking oil, shake etc so they get covered in the salt and oil , put on plate and Microwave for 5 - 10 min till they steam , ie part cooked, then put on bottom tray take about 30 mins @ 175 approx till golden brown

you can put the pots in for the last 30 mins around the meat,

the extra extender ring is really a must if you are cooking a lot of larger things, pics back a few posts etc where I have done it with larger chickens etc

ther is a lot of trial and error , but the previous posts on the full thread should should give you a good guide etc of things already that have been done etc

on freeview channel 34 i think it is , IDEAL WORLD, the shopping channel , they often sell the HC's and well worth watching as the chef is very good on the demos

Edited by kiptower

way we do roast spuds in it

first peel and cut in half etc , put in plastic back add sea salt to taste and 2 - 3 spoons good cooking oil, shake etc so they get covered in the salt and oil , put on plate and Microwave for 5 - 10 min till they steam , ie part cooked, then put on bottom try take about 30 mins @ 175 approx till golden brown

you can put the pots in for the last 30 mins around the meat,

the extra extender ring is really a must if you are cooking a lot of larger things, pics back a few posts etc where I have done it with larger chickens etc

ther is a lot of trial and error , but the previous posts on the full thread should should give you a good guide etc of things already that have been done etc

on freeview channel 34 i think it is , IDEAL WORLD, the shopping channel , they often sell the HC's and well worth watching as the chef is very good on the demos

Thanks Kiptower

little question Rosie

how did you find this thread i wonder

regards

Kip

I was on another website, I think is was probably moneysavingexpert.com and someone mentioned a 'forum for halogen ovens' so I Googled that and found you, simples!!

i got this site after googling for Halogen ovens and after reading through convinced me to buy one. Have just received mine and looking forward to using it. As someone said the instructions are very basic fortuneately we orderd a cook book at the same time from Amazon. Thanks for all your tips in the thread and your photos thay will be a great help im sure

first welcome to CAG,

do post when you can with pics and recipe's are great to help others

you will find a lot of help on CAG regarding many subjects , Banks - Parking tickets to just name a few

regards

Kip

Edited by kiptower

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice please. Am going to cook steak and jacket potatoes in my halogen oven tonight. I know I should cook the steak on the high rack but where should I put the jackets spuds? Am going to cook them in the microwave for a few minutes first.

By the way Kip, got one of those pizza meshes yesterday, didn't have any in the 99p shop but got one in QD for £1.98, so was really pleased, thank you for that tip.

we precook the spuds in the MW first about 10 mins first , depending on size, prick them with knife etc first

as for the steak we have a tenderiser roller , then salt/pepper it to taste and spread butter over it , but its your choice how you prepare it etc

spuds take about 40 - 50 mins so do them on there own for first part then put steak on top rack

we have steak well done so its in for 20 - 30 mins depending on on thickness etc

we worked our timings out because we had done them separate, so really it depends how you like your steak done

the shell of the spuds get coated from the steak and if you like eating the baked skin it has a great taste, Mrs Kip always nicks my skins from my spuds :eek: