Bankruptcy looming need HELP please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I have today received a Citation for Summary Application for Bankruptcy - served on me by Sheriff Officers.

I will give you a little background on what has led to this.

I have a lease on shop premises - I have been unable to trade from the shop for approx 2 years due to never ending leaks coming from the landing outside the flats above the shops.

I asked the landlord several times to get someone to repair it - both in person and be letter. Nothing was ever done. Anyway - long story, short, I with held rent - albeit after advising them I was going to do so in writing, this was about eighteen months ago - and eventually last June sent the keys back to them! I heard NOTHING until November 2008 when I got a call from one of the Landlords directors asking what was happening - this surprised me -as I had sent one of his employees (the person responsible for dealing with tennants) several letters about the leaks, the rent etc etc. He said he would look into it - as it was the first he had heard.

He then put a letter through my door - stating that as far as "they" the landlords were concerned there had only been one leak from the washing machine in the house above -This happened - but three years previously! The leaks I was talking about caused mushrooms to grow in the carpets walls and ceiling!

Anyway he stated in the letter that the lease still had another year to run - I was due £3000 rent but I would be due the full term of the lease if I didn't pay immediately. I suggested that as they were in breach of the lease by not making it water tight - I would be willing to pay half (this was in a phone call) He said he would ask his directors - and a couple of days later he came back and said, No, they wouldn't accept half they wanted it all or it would go into the hands of a solicitor. So I said OK see you in court, knowing fine well I could get all sorts of witnesses to the constant leaking.

This is where it gets bonkers. As I said this was in November last year - and today 9 months later I got athis petition for my bancruptcy as I appear to be insolvent "by virtue of Service of a Charge for payment on the 14th May 2009" - Never happened - in fact I wasn't even in this country in May - I was in America!

I have contacted a solicitor today - but frankly she sounds about 12 - and not really bothered" So guys - I have seen your great work here - and wondered if you have any advice for me?

By the way the court date is the 9th of September, and sorry for going on! Talk about being rattled!

Hi Lynmal welcome to CAG.

I have moved your thread here for more help. I am not too good with Scottish law so hopefully someone will along shortly to assist you.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers