Beneficial interest in solely owned property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this query but CAGgers have assisted on so many other issues I've faced thought would give it a try.

Myself and my partner are both renting and looking for place to buy together, I know with my dubious, debt riddled past (dealt with elsewhere!) that it would be a liability for me to be on the mortgage even though I'm almost debt free :-) and on a good wage now.

My gf can raise a 15% deposit on her own and a mortgage of up to £180k (although realistically looking at £130k) so was wondering where we could go to have a contract drawn up to cover my beneficial interest if I'm paying half the mortgage - would like to class myself as more than a lodger ;), and would prefer not to go down expensive legal route. Was just wondering if any anyone knows place to find document templates that are legally sound.

Thanks in advance.

Hi bb

If you buy a house in just your gf name you will need a solicitor anyway. It will not cost a lot for them to draw up an agreement at the same time to give you both equal shares or any other split you choose.

This is an important legal matter and the cost is small compared to the value of the property you are trying to protect so I think you need the safety of proper legal advice. Get a quote then decide.

Pedross