Problems with Orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Orange have registered a default against me that I had no knowledge of.

All stems from a dispute we had years ago where they should have downgraded my tariff but didn't - effectively overcharging me by £200.

I have asked for a copy of the default - but they replied saying that mobile phone networks fall outside the consumer credit act and therefore they need not supply me with a copy of the default notice.

I need this thing removed - but they have said the debt was passed to Arrow Global a year ago - they have never been in touch and my efforts to contact them and indeed speak to anyone that knows something about this issue have been fruitless - any ideas where I go from here?

Thanks!

As they point out, you are in default with your account with them, no 'registration' is required. The only way to successfully challenge this is to identify any errors in the data they supplied to the CRA. If you agree the money WAS owed, the prospect for removal is slim. Once the amount is paid, it changes from showing as owed to settled, it will not 'disappear'.

I'd deal with the network instead of the DCA - if you can prove they erred by not changing your tariff, hopefuully you'll have back up info as to when you requested this and push them on why this wasn;t done (but by the same token, you would be expected to pursue them on this at the time, rather than years afterwards when the default it noted).

Thanks Buzby - yes I have all the back up correspondence etc which I have sent to them. They are not interested in dealing with me and want be to refer to Arrow Global. Arrow have no knowledge of me or the debt. It seems madness that something you think was sorted wasn't - and of more concern is that they can go-ahead and register a default but not do anything to sort it.

I have even offered to pay the couple of hundred pounds they say is due but they say that would have to be sorted with Arrow!

It sounds as though they've sold the debt on. Even so, the point is they cannot wash their hands of you if you require them to substantiate their claim, and it is not unreasonable for you to assert that if you don;t ant my money, I'm d*** sure I'm paying anyone else.

Keep on at them, stating that you are determined to get to the bottom of the problem, and if any money is oweed to them, you will have no hesitation in paying it, however in the meantime you require them to provide full detail in order for you to investigate the matter, should they decline, you'll take the matter up with the ICO and request removal from their CRA's file.