I am so confused

loopinlouie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think its a bit of a grey area at the moment while they decide whats happening

I think you will stay on I.S. for the the moment, your tax credits will go through and they will pay for your children

dont worry they will not leave you with no money

and he will ring you back

If your not happy with everything he says tell him !!

Edited by Jack Daniels

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its been decided there has been a rethink on I.S to ESA for lone parents

Many have been found to be worse off and there has been a back lash

from Welfare rights etc

Hang in there and see what happens

New legislation is being pushed through

but at the moment all claims are being looked at again

Thanks for the information:).

I will hold on, just that I feel a little vulnerable in that sent off doctors certificate and dont know what they will put me in for. They have already apparantly put kids in for tax credits. It just seems confusing to have all these different benefits, not paying on same days, but I will hold on and see what happens. Just confusing, but it doesnt take much for me to be confused anyhow:) Thanks again.

Must say on they income support moved quickly this time. Just received benefit letter dated couple of days ago with an award post dated to may, bit confusing.

It also lists change mentioned may and states award and then new change mentioned august (probably via job centre advisor) after what I told him, and the same ammount awarded as in may on same letter.

Now I expected the ammounts of income support to drop less the 20.00 as said by advisor. Just shocked it took them so long and I was happily spending as advised by them in the meantime.

Now because Ive been getting money since nov and this letter mentions may I know to receive something further soon, as in over payments, so to be prepared. I want to if this arrives fight it though on grounds of being misadvised and having recording of so.

I mean when the advisor kept saying changes need to be reported and I said I did do that, I cant help but note also in july last year my son got a paper round, I rang income support/dwp about that also and emailed them. Was told he could keep his money, now he only lasted 8 months at it, but whats the chances of someone in july last year reporting about and increase of 12.00 paper round money, not reporting over 500.00 in nov. I hope they bare that in mind.

I hope they are not intimidating if they do take it further, because I am not very strong at the moment.

Though I also noticed the higher rate disability premium applied for by welfare rights and told by dwp I am getting is not listed on form. Just normal disability premium if that makes sence. Welfare rights were annoyed income support never gave any reply to that in writing also, so we'll see how it goes:)

As I said I am easily confused, just wish the dwp didnt keep changing methods of payments if their own staff get confused when giving info. But I do appreciate help getting now so no dissing them from me, just info of nov and feb.

Edited by loopinlouie

Well just a little update. I sent the doctors note and havnt had the contact from him at dwp to let me know what the 'backtrack' was regarding people in my situation, anyone heared anything?.

Noticed money appeared in my account last night in two payments yet had no letter since that informing me my income support was obviously decreased my 'new' update (getting a little annoyed now at gravity of their error and what it could mean to kids and me) to be fair it could be a bank error, so I will not touch it and wait a week for letter to arrive and if not my bank statement will have come which will say where it has come from.

In which case if its tax credits etc I can inform income support appropriately. Bit hard informing them for what I dont know it is. Just as said noticed more money in account than should be, bit like what happened originally with the csa money. I know what happened when I rang them up last time, so dont want to risk it again untill I have all the facts.

Its just so odd as income support paid two weeks in arrears and went in, this new ammount would have to be weekly in advance to make sence and is an odd ammount any how, at least I know to leave it alone.:)

its been decided there has been a rethink on I.S to ESA for lone parents

Many have been found to be worse off and there has been a back lash

from Welfare rights etc

Hang in there and see what happens

New legislation is being pushed through

but at the moment all claims are being looked at again

user_offline.gifreputation.gif report.gif

Hi JackDaniels.

You mentioned that all IS LP to ESA claims are being looked at again and that new legislation is being pushed through? Can you tell us where you got this info. I have to admit we have not heard anything about this at all and I was just curious as to where you heard this?

Thanks,

Sue

• Haha 1

Thanks sandysue.

I just hope if this backtrack is decided on then they put me back in the position I was before. Of course I understand now about the csa error, so will get less, but I am stressed at the esa need of going out of county for assessments and all that. Apparantly my nearest point would be over 20/30miles away and the idea of going out on my own is horrendous.

Been to see mind for counselling appointments as advised by doctor, Ive apparantly according to them been passed from pillar to post and it does feel like it. I am under the hospital for medication yet to get counselling from mind now and they want money from me weekly for it. I should surely be getting this counselling from the hospital, I just pick up the are too busy and know I cant justify the money to mind. They have said if I cant afford it to still go but I definately felt under pressure from them to give money, I saw the look on their faces when I said I was insecure money wise at the moment so couldnt promise anything.

I have mental health problems they say I will need more than the six appointments, so comparing that to my kids new school shoes is putting me off a little, especially at the moment.

hi Sandy Sue

it was an email that was sent everybody who deals with the lone parent obligations scans and loans

basically all the cases on what they call scan one, the first batch of lone parents going over to ESA are having to be reviewed

there was not the correct legislation in place to make the claimants have to go on to ESA. so at the moment its not being pushed.

it was found out that some people were actually worse off , i think they dont get the DP on esa straight away

But I think it will be sorted in the end and the correct legislation will be drafted up so that this will not happen on scan two if possible but who knows.

they still havent had the final word whats happening yet but will post when I know more.

I think it sounds like tax credits have been awarded to the OP and they should download on to her claim but just in case they dont then I.S needs a call to tell them

good luck Lou

Edited by Jack Daniels

Somethings deffinately gone in my account and I have still had no letter. The ammount wouldnt be right for disability premium any how and wonder is tax credits paid weekly or fornightly?

Will give it to thursday, thats one week and then will ring for advice if not heared or will end up getting overpaid again I suspect. Does tax credits send letters?

Tnanks

Thanks Mikey. csa later said they are linked to income support, but previously said they were not and a private company, thought that was odd, when i queried how the money was comming to me and then I rang income support flustered but clear on dates and ammounts, so yes seriously wrong.

I wonder if I am the only one experienced with this type of error. I am sure income support would not want this error to happen to too many. Previously income support took all the money and csa later told me they were supposed to be giving me 10.00 of it and then 20.00, thats why after these letter I said to income support a further two times are you sure its mine to spend and was told yes, thats three advisors and thank god for once I had thought to record for computer record, a sort of diary for my crappy memory. At first I remember thinking maybe its lots of weeks of 10's as ex had been paying for years and years. When recei ved csa update in feb rang income support again and was told they were aware I was ringing with same question and thats when they said as it was paid via csa it was mine.

Just troubling no note of this on system was available to job centre advisor and set me into a panic of honestly sir, I did do it.

Though I although they have all been polite am starting to let my mental health take over and going through conspiracy theories and dreams of people wanting to get me into trouble. I know.

tax credits can be paid weekly or monthly

have you one child

if you have one child then

has two seperate payments gone in

a larger sum and one about fifty six pounds

if it has it could be tax credits

tax credits do send letter but they can arrive after payment sometimes

Edited by Jack Daniels

Sounds about right, one was for about 90.00 the other about 50.00 I would need to check to get correct ammounts, I just decided not to touch it as had been paid for two weeks income support in arrears, so was ok with money for a week or two. I do have two children.

To be fair if it is have to credit them for being so prompt, just wonder what happens about me and disability premium, do i stay on incme support, if so I should get another letter from income support also I assume.

Will ring them next thursday if had no letter, no other from income support due for just under two weeks, so will make sure they dont overpay me.

i think you will stay on Income Support for now,

and you should still get your disabilty premium

i think the money in your account could be tax credits

its hard at the moment but you are doing brilliant,

it will work out in the end for you

• Haha 1

This means that if an existing lone parent, whose youngest child is aged 12 or over, also has a disability or health condition and is incapable of work, they continue to meet the conditions of entitlement for IS. No longer can we direct them to claim ESA consistent with the original policy intent.

this comes into force from today and effects everyone who has gone across from IS to ESA already

Thanks for advice again:D.

If they have put me on esa, no letters yet either way will he automatically put me back on income support or will I need to ask.

Reading your post again I assume the answer to my own question is I wont have to ask, just me trying to find something to panic about again. You wouldnt believe whats been going on lately Ive been a wreck comming accross a total idiot to everyone.

Edited by loopinlouie
me off topic again

Right as said last week two payments went in one for just over 97.00 and one for just over 55.00.

I cancelled my dd because not received letter still:( and will need to change dates, so checked account today and just over 97.00 in one payment gone in.

I know it was said that tax credits comes in usually two payments, but today there is only one. I though maybe the other will arrive tommorow as last time I got them on a thursday, just getting more confused.

I know to ring income support before they get the chance to pay any money to me, but I am still awaiting a letter of some sort to tell me ammounts and dates. If two payments would have gone in today I would have rung them straight away but now will wait till tommorow.

Question: When I ring them will income support be able to liase with tax credits to let me know how much I should be getting and when. I still dont know whats happening to income support for me, so I need this letter. Forgive me for feeling nervous in needing to ring them before I get a letter, I just need to know that what they say will be fact.

Dont get me wrong I am sure a lot of bods in income support know their jobs inside out, just Ive had a run of bad luck so far and to be fair its not as if Ive been left with no money as happens to others, just need to calm down over this:) and will when know what I am doing, thanks. To be fair on them must be hard when the rules keep changing so often so I can forgive myself now for fussing so.

tax credits are paid once a week and the £97 should be for two childrem so you can ring IS and they will confirm this for you. they can check the tax credits screens and tell you what day to expect the money

Last week you got two payments because when a new claim to tax credits is made you usually get two payments made at the start of a the claim to cover odd days , now you should get the £97 every week.

Do you know what rate of DLA you are on

Edited by Jack Daniels

got some good news for you !

get in touch with your local Jobcentre, you will not have to go on to ESA ,

you can stay on Income Support, as you can make a claim for Incapacity Benefit under the new rules, you should be automatically accepted for it,

get a med cert as soon as you can and get in touch with your lone parent

advisor who will explain to you what you have to do

its for lone parents with DLA who were beng made to go over to ESA from IS

this means you can stay on IS even when you children go over sixteen

this may change so get it done straight away

Great news thanks. I will ring income support tommorow about tax credits, bring the subject up with them and then ring dwp advisor to ask him what he wants me to do as I need to make sure they do not still put me on esa . I have already been asked by him two weeks ago to send him a doctors note, I did and that ran for 4weeks so hopefully he wont need another.

I am hoping they have left me on income support as in next wednesday as usually would get two weeks money for me and kids, I would be paid the me bit still.