Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few months ago when this site was first mentioned on MoneySavingExpert I wrote to the Halifax requesting my statements for the last six years. When they arrived I could not understand what they sent... the print-outs were not like statements at all and extremely difficult to understand so I didn't do anything about them. Today I got notified I was getting charged £88 because they'd decided not to pay two direct debits for £14.65 and £8.65... the £14.65 unpaid direct debit was for Halifax insurance which I'd already written to them telling them I wanted to cancel as I'm already paying insurance with another provider!

I took another look at the 'statements' again today but I just don't understand it at all.

The columns are 'branch', 'agency', 'C/S Date', 'Reference', 'As Date', 'Notation', 'Amount', 'Balance', 'CQ CLR' and 'Remarks'.

A typical line says things like...

592 24.9.03 987 EFT1 10.00DR 673.24 DR

This means absolutely nothing to me, what do I do? It's made more complicated by the fact that I am blind. How am I meant to know what's a charge? What 'notation' do Halifax use to show a charge? Why couldn't they have sent me proper statements?

Lizzie

Hi LizzieT84,

I only had one page to go through as I had most of my statements.

Even that was difficult, on my list of charges the column in which EFT1 is listed my charges had 94D after them. The charges were either for £28.00 or £30.00 or £35.00

Do you have someone to help you go through your list of charges?

hope this helps

Libertie

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....