• Tweets

• Hi, just getting ready to print and post the WS / court bundle. Does the envelope have to be addressed to anyone in particular (e.g., head of legal), or can it just be sent to the The legal department with the usual Evri address? i.e.: The legal department, Herme5 parcelnet limited t/a Evri, Capitol House, 1 Capitol Close, Leeds Morley, LS27 0WH
    • No they are really inferring, it's in black and white. My perception is correct.  ACAS and a solicitor plus my therapist, who has had sight of the language used by the head of HR, have all come to the same conclusion as I. I can't be responsible for the Courts perception of me, that's none of my business.  Hopefully this grievance will go some way to address their behaviour. Thanks once again for your opinion...
    • Thanks!  Do you know can someone else represent a witness statement written by someone else? Sarah wrote it and witnessed it but Andy presents it? If that happens tomorrow then your clever hearsay argument might work! Will keep it in my pocket!
    • 1 Date of the infringement 29th May 2023 2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 2nd June 2023 PDF scan done Redacted and Attached 3 Date received 8th June 2023 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No, not directly but has some wording about transfer to keeper 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, Entry and Exit times 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes, Panicked thinking JustPark had not updated Alliance with payment details HOWEVER not revealed the driver id Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up I think so (very brief email, saying appeal failed, due to OVERSTAY of 17min) 7 Who is the parking company? Alliance Parking 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Harlyn Bay, Cornwall For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS   This PCN is similar to @Kahunaburger in that it was a bank holiday weekend and car park was rammed. It was a very hot day, and we were first time parkers in this car park (not knowing the Alliance ANPR Scam in play). We entered the car park looking for our friends who were 2 mins ahead of us. As the car park was in overspill mode there were 2 other fields open and after doing a circuit gave up looking and after a few more mins trying to find a space parked up on the grass at the top of the field. N.B. There were no signs anywhere near us. We had to unload the kids, dog and beach bags etc .. and most importantly water the dog as he was so hot. Then made our way across the fields to the parking machine. As it was so busy there was a big queue, so attempted to book with justpark (which took an age getting a signal). Eventually paying for 4 hours. Upon leaving we were notified by Justpark that our time was up so proceeded to make our way back to the car, and within 6min had left the car park. So it was 11min to make the booking on JustPark and 6min after our 4hr time was up.   On 5th May 2024 we got a Letter of Claim and decided to post up here .. As for next steps, we guess from others post on this forum we understand we need to write a "Snotty Letter" with a few key points. Has anyone got best advice? otherwise we'll cobble something together from others posts. AllianceParkingScam-NTK+LOC-Jun23.pdf  
    • The return to principles-based regulation? Eric Leenders on Consumer Duty, AI and the wider economyView the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MrPromiscous V Barclays Bank

mrpromiscous
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Hi Mr Promiscuous. I'm glad I stumbled onto your thread because I have just received an offer letter identical to the one you got and was wondering what the next step was. Did you use the template letter to accept conditionally? I've had to push my daughter to carry this on because she is scared of the prospect of going to court so I hope that your experience to date will encourage her. Thanks for detailing the correspondence so thoroughly. I shall follow your progress with interest and wish you luck.

Regards,

John

John this the exact letter I sent to Barclays regarding their partial offer, obviously you'll have to enter your own personal details, hope this helps if you hav'nt already sent one fella :)

5th August 2006

RE : Response to partial repayment of charges

Reference : ********

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write in response to your letter of 28th August 2006.

Regarding your offer of £850.00, I am prepared to accept this as partial payment towards the full amount I am claiming however I stress that only a full refund will be acceptable and I will still be pursuing the remaining amount.

Yours Sincerely,

MrPromiscous

Margi I'm probably going to seem a little less helpful on this one because the thing is I had to use Microsoft Works because I don't have Excel so unless your using Works I can't help. Although I'm sure there is a spreadsheet template in the library because I looked at it months ago. As a pointer though you should include the following headings in your spreadsheet :

1. Date Charge Occurred

2. Description Of Charge

3. Charge Amount

When the claim goes as far as court AND NOT BEFORE add these columns :

4. Days Since Offence

5. Interest @ 8% APR

Hope this goes some way to helping you along too. :)

Ok while I've still got feeling in my finger tips I'll get back to my thread lol

I recieved a copy of Barclays defence today..... It is a complete carbon copy of everyone elses so there really is no need for me to copy it out on here. The case has now been moved to my local court of Romford and I have untill the 29th November in which to fill out and return the AQ and £100 court fee.

In reply to your PM, you can request Standard Disclosure:

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

• 4 weeks later...

Alil update.... well theres nothing new happened to be honest... I phoned the court last monday to make sure they had recieved my AQ and payment which they had so just a waiting game for a date now I guess. Bit annoying after all the stalling tactics by Barclays that now I have to wait for the courts to get their finger out but hey spoze its worth it in the end. Whats the avarage time before getting a date ???

MrP

Hi Mr P,

glad to hear you are still persevering. Your updates have been inspirational and I guess we are all grateful for them. My daughter's correspondence with Barclays has mirrored your own and they did make her an offer as a gesture of goodwill. She has been so tempted to accept it and I have been trying to convince her to persevere as you have done. I have persuaded her to send the letter which you kindly forwarded, accepting it as an interim offer, to see what their response is. I just wanted to say thanks because I'm sure she would have given up otherwise.

Regards,

John.

John your words are well recieved, its great that my time on here is helping you and hopefully others although I dont usually hear about it so thank you. I can certainly understand her eagerness to accept espcially this close to xmas but good things come to those who wait eh. Hang in there and i'll continue to update this thread when ever something new happens. Good luck.

MrP :-)

• 1 month later...

Wicked I've finally got my court hearing date !!!! Only thing is its not until the 25th June doh ! The letter from Judge Bowles states that he feels the hearing should take no longer then 3 hours.... strange because I said it would take no longer than 1 hour as we have all done.... I dont know if this is significant though. It also instructs me to "file and serve by the 2nd Feb a schedule setting out each and every alleged unlawful charge stating how it is alleged the same is unlawful". It instructs Barclays to "file and serve a counter-schedule by the 16th Feb".

So this is the first time I have been taken this far so please anyone who knows the score what exactly the court need from me now. They should already be in possesion of a schedule of charges so do I simply send another copy ??? Also what do I need to do to satisfy the second part of their instruction quoted above ?!?

MrP :confused:

Hi Mr. P,

Sorry to hear you aren't getting the support that seemed so available when we all began our quest for justice. I reckon that the momentum has been lost of late and maybe that's because we're the tail end and everyone else has got their money and cleared off. I hope not because it's a long and lonely road up against the big boys.

The worst thing about this site is that there is so much information and it is difficult to find the bits you want or to be sure you've got the right bits.

It seems to me that they want your excel file of charges and interest, copies of your statements showing the charges you are contesting and the court bundle containing your legal arguments. I can't see that you would be expected to argue each charge seperately.

At least you know that two of us are watching and supporting you.

Regards,

John.

Wicked I've finally got my court hearing date !!!! Only thing is its not until the 25th June doh ! The letter from Judge Bowles states that he feels the hearing should take no longer then 3 hours.... strange because I said it would take no longer than 1 hour as we have all done.... I dont know if this is significant though. It also instructs me to "file and serve by the 2nd Feb a schedule setting out each and every alleged unlawful charge stating how it is alleged the same is unlawful". It instructs Barclays to "file and serve a counter-schedule by the 16th Feb".

So this is the first time I have been taken this far so please anyone who knows the score what exactly the court need from me now. They should already be in possesion of a schedule of charges so do I simply send another copy ??? Also what do I need to do to satisfy the second part of their instruction quoted above ?!?

MrP :confused:

Hi Mr P,

First thing you need is your schedule of charges.

Then, you need to provide evidence that the charges are unlawful. The statement of evidence will do the job for that part. Barclays defence is tricky though, as they don't really plead a specific basis on which they defend the claim - ie whether the charges are a service charge or a genuine pre-estimate. Here's a statement I modified to suit Barclays claims http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/36692-peter-rabbit-barclays-2.html#post492578.

Also, could you post up the exact wording of the courtsd order please, just to make sure there's nothing else.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Sorry to hear you aren't getting the support that seemed so available when we all began our quest for justice. I reckon that the momentum has been lost of late and maybe that's because we're the tail end and everyone else has got their money and cleared off. I hope not because it's a long and lonely road up against the big boys.

I'm sure this is not the case John. In fact on the contrary, I think its clear that the momentum is actually building of late, helped along by all the excellent positive media coverage.

You may now have noticed that we have over 100,000 registered members. That is fantastic and the bigger that this group gets the more weight the campaign carries. It does however, bring some problems in that the number of threads is growing at a very high rate and it is difficult to keep up at times. We currently have around 15 moderaters and 25 site helpers on the team, so trying to keep 100,000 members happy is not always an easy task! Another thing you've got to remember is that the site is run by volenteers and the people here put in a hell of a lot of their own free time. If you look at the 'users online' part of the forum, you'll notice that Bankfodder, for instance, is online pretty much constantly alot of the time.

If you feel your not getting the support you need then its not for want of trying, believe me. Should a problem arise where you are not sure of something more complex and you don't get an answer on your thread, then do as Mr P just did - PM a site helper with a link.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

FWIW

I had a day off and only got the pm for assistance last night, it was my wifes birthday hope no one minds? PS I'm not event a site helper or mod!

Only joking, lol

I see Michael and Gary have both commented not much more to say without seeing the exact wording, i might produce the statements showing the charges and include a statement about how and why i feel each type of charges is unlawful.

Mr.P i second whoever it was said post up the exact wording to make sure we all understand whats going on and we will help best we can.

Regards

Glenn

PS don't take me too seriously I'm sitting here getting ready to go to court this AM for non compliance under Sec 7 DPA.

• Confused 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

wow you lot are like buses lol Really apprieciate all the feed back guys and my isolation is a distant memory !!! Glenn outta curiosity how did you get on this morning, I've entered a claim against Woolwich for non-compliance recently regarding my mortgage ERC. OK i'll start by typing up the letter in full....drumroll.... :

District Judge Bowles has considered the statements of case and allocation questionaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

The hearing of the claim will take place at 10.30 on the 25th June 2007 at Romford County Court, 2a Oaklands Ave, Romford, Essex, RM1 4DP and should take no longer than 3 hours.

THE COURT MUST BE INFORMED IMMEDIATELY IF THE CASE IS SETTLED BY AGREEMENT BEFORE THE HEARING DATE.

Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts' report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing.

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

Claimant do file and serve by 2nd February 2007 a schedule setting out each and every alleged unlawful charge stating how it is alleged the same is unlawful.

Defendant do file and serve a counter-schedule by 16th February 2007.

Date 15th January 2007.

My initial take on what was required was obviously yet another schedule of charges but it was the 2nd request that stumped me, the part asking me to state how each was unlawful. As for the schedule of charges I have already supplied the court with a copy when I filed online however its no trouble to send a current one I suppose with current info relating to the interest accumilated since October when this all atarted. For the 2nd part of the judges orders I would have thought the para contained within my POC on MCOL would have been satisfactory so I dont see why I'm being asked for either really ?!? The para from the particulars of claim i'm refering to is :

The Term permitting the

Defendant to levy such charges is

unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in

Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair

Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law.

Although admittedly this is extremly basic. I read your statement of evidence templates yesterday Gary after Michael Brown gave me the link to them but I was'nt 100% sure if thats what I needed to send and which one was relevent to me because as you quite rightly say Barclays do not defend their charges as anything other than I agreed to pay them as outlined in the T&C's. I've posted the BArclays defence previously I believe on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread. But to recap on your advice fella's are we all of the general opinion then that if I use the templated statement of evidence kindly provided by Gary along with an attached current schedule of charges then this will cover all directions of Judge Bowles ???

MrP

As for the complete court bundle inclusive of statements I was under the impression I had untill 2 weeks before the hearing to produce these, I certainly hope so because I dont have the full set of statements anymore, an SAR has been sent to Barclays and aknowledged but could still be 2 weeks before I recieve them !

You need the Barclays-modded statement I linked above, plus a schedule. That satisfies the part that requests you set out how the charges are unlawful.

Additionally, you have been issued with the standard SMT directions to provide all evidence 14 days before the hearing. As the hearing is in June and Barclays have to submit their counter schedule by Febuary, its highly unlikely that it'll get that far. If it does, you'll need the Basic court bundle from the templates library for that part.

Upon the deadline for Barclays to submit a counter-schedule, if they haven't then you need to let the court know about it. See these letters if this is the case. Amend to suit - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/58011-sc-m-court-bundle.html

And I have just checked all the posts in this thread and infact I did'nt post a copy of Barclays defence so I will now for clarity :

DEFENCE

1. The particulars of claim do not provide details or particulars of the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful, or the date thereof. To the extent it is alleged that the claimant incurred bank charges on his/her account for unauthorised borrowings (whether "unpaid referral fees" or any other such fees) the defendant puts the claimant to strict proof of each charge and the date thereof.

2.The defendants standard terms and conditions give the claimant a fair and transparent view of those terms and the charges applicable for unauthorised borrowings (including where the account is overdrawn where an overdraught limit or where the claimant exceeds his/her authorised overdraught limit).

2. If and to the extent it is the claimants case that the failure to make the necersary payments and/or failure to remain within authorised overdraught limts failure to arrange an authorised overdraught constitute a breach of the terms applying to the account and that the contractural entitlement to debit charges from the claimants account constitutes a liquidated damages clause, the same is denied. The charges constitute payments the claimant agreeded to make by reason of the terms and conditions of his/her account and were consideration for the defendant advancing credit to the claimant, which the defendant was under no obligation to advance. The defendant was entitled to impose such charges and interest when the claimant incurred the overdraught.

4. Accordingly, it is denied that the legal principles relating to the liquidated damages clauses and penalty charges are relevant or applicable to the facts set out above. Further or alternitively it is denied that any such charges constitute unlawful penalty charges or are in breach of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulation 1999 (particularly but without limitation to, paragraph 1(e) of schedule 2), or are in breach of the Unfair (contracts) terms act 1977, or are unreasonable within the meaning of s.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (or indeed any other provisions).

5. Therefore, it is denied that the charges were unlawfully debited from the claimants account.

6. If and to the extent the claimant incurred charges on his/her account, this was caused by the claimant having gone into overdraught without having agreed with the defendant an authorised overdraught facility or to increase the overdraught facility and/or his/her failure to make payments to bring the balance of the account back into credit.

7. It is averred that the said charges and interest are and remain lawful and enforceable and that the defendant was entitled to debit the same. Accordingly the claimant is not entitled to a declaration by the court as to the enforceability of the said charges.

8. The defendant denies that it is liable to the claimant for the sums claimed and interest pleaded by the claimant or at all. In the alternative, which is denied, if the said charges amount to sums payable on breach of contract, it is averred that the charges asserted by the claimant to have been applied to the account prior to 9th October 2000 would not be recoverable for reason of exhaustion of time in bringing contractual claims from the date of accrual, pursuant to the Limitations Act 1980.

9. In the alternative, and without prejudice to paragraph 6 above, if (which isdenied) the said charges and interest or any part thereof are unlawful or unenforceable as alleged by the claimant or at all, the defendant has nonetheless suffered loss and damage as a consequence of the claimants breach of contract in allowing the account to go into unauthorised overdraught. Accordingly, in the event that the defendant is unable to rely on its express entitlement to enforce the charges as set out at paragraphs 2 to 3 above, it will seek to recover to the extent necersary such loss and damage as it actually suffered, which will not necessarily sums against any liability owed hereunder to the claimant.

Barclays Bank Plc

Bloody hell I really must take some touch typing lessons ! :)