• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sarah V Abbey *** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally after trying lots of times i got straight thru to james- he took the details and will call me back within a week. Watch this space.

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Hi Sarah

Many congratulations on your win - have just spent an hour reading the complete thread - what a journey!! Keep pressing on! You have really encouraged me to make a claim against Abbey for all the charges they have made me pay.

I'll keep an eye on your story with great interest!

The thing that worried me about this whole procedure was having to actually go to court, but it looks like, from what I've read, most of these banks settle before that!

Louise:)

Hi Sarah

Many congratulations on your win - have just spent an hour reading the complete thread - what a journey!! Keep pressing on! You have really encouraged me to make a claim against Abbey for all the charges they have made me pay.

I'll keep an eye on your story with great interest!

The thing that worried me about this whole procedure was having to actually go to court, but it looks like, from what I've read, most of these banks settle before that!

Louise:)

Thanks for your congratulations- yes it really is a journey! An hour WOW- it has become a epic!!!

I was scared about the court bit too but as you say they never go, and they have much more to lose than us so i am ready to go if i have to.

Take them on and reclaim YOUR money. Go girl! :)

Finally after trying lots of times i got straight thru to james- he took the details and will call me back within a week. Watch this space.

he never called me back so on monday i will ammend the claim details to include compensation

he never called me back so on monday i will ammend the claim details to include compensation

Sarah,

Give him one more chance, call him on Monday (after 1pm) start the conversation with "You said you would call me back but you have not, I wanted to give you one final chance to resolve this before I ammend my POC"

See what he say`s, its got to be worth giving it a try.

James is a good guy, he is just so snowed under at the moment with the massive increase in claims that Abbey have had this year:o

His target is to deal with each claim to get a resolution and keep Abbey out of court, he just sometimes needs a bit of an extra push to be able to achieve this.

Hope this is of help

• Haha 1

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

thanks for that- will do :)

Sarah,

Give him one more chance, call him on Monday (after 1pm) start the conversation with "You said you would call me back but you have not, I wanted to give you one final chance to resolve this before I ammend my POC"

See what he say`s, its got to be worth giving it a try.

James is a good guy, he is just so snowed under at the moment with the massive increase in claims that Abbey have had this year:o

His target is to deal with each claim to get a resolution and keep Abbey out of court, he just sometimes needs a bit of an extra push to be able to achieve this.

Hope this is of help

just spoke with James - HI IF YOU ARE READING!!!

He indicated that he doesnt think they will remove the default and that he doesnt know what is happening with Moorcroft. Very unsatisfactory really- he has until Thursday to call me back or i advised him i will change the poc. I told him that i am more than ready to go to court to fight for the default removal and to also ask for compensation as this whol;e business is making me ill.

spoke with james again today- I had to call him as he never calls back even if he promises. each time i speak with him i have to refresh his memory ie tell him the whole details again.... any way.... he still isnt hopeful about removing the default and hasnt even given resolution to the debt recovery agency either- therfore i think i need to submit a change of poc. court date is 23rd april- will call him again tomorrow to give him 1 last chance of sort this out but i am not hopeful as he is really dragging his heels on the default being removed. any one got any ideas about this?

still no word from james- will leave it now and wait to attend court. sent a letter to court detailing progress ie money refund- think this will do

Hi Sarah

They are really dragging their heels. Have you been on to Tanzarellis thread Cap One, I know he got his removed. Maybe he could give you some pointers on how he finally won and got them to agree to remove his default.

Good Luck

DS

Hi sarah13,

Did they send a cheque?

I sent mine back and told them that I was not preparred to accept a monetary payment until they had agreed to remove the default, also that I still would not withdraw my claim until this happened.

I have sent for Credit Files from Call Credit (which it is still showing on) and also am wating to recieve Credit file from Equifax and Experian.

My claim is still ongoing and until it is removed this will continue, however I am still waiting.

If you need any help let me know.

Tanz

Sarah

Removing a default:

try this

Remove Default Notices on a Credit File - We show you how

Z

thanks for that- i have had a read but i am kind of past that stage as i will be attending court next week regarding this and have included a copy of the letter advising of the default in my court bundle- but thanks anyway

Hi sarah13,

Did they send a cheque?

I sent mine back and told them that I was not preparred to accept a monetary payment until they had agreed to remove the default, also that I still would not withdraw my claim until this happened.

I have sent for Credit Files from Call Credit (which it is still showing on) and also am wating to recieve Credit file from Equifax and Experian.

My claim is still ongoing and until it is removed this will continue, however I am still waiting.

If you need any help let me know.

Tanz

thanks for replying. they did send a cheque back at the end of dec which was made payable to my father and has been cashed and spent long since. so this is not an option for me.

i have credit reports from equifax and experien and am awaiting call credit too.

my claim is also still ongoing even though i have had the money the default is obviously v important too.

will continue on my crusade to get some answerd from james before next week, otherwise i will have to attend court.

i have just spoken with james and inga. moorcroft have officially been instructed to stop bugging me and i was told the default has been removed and will show up in about 24hrs. this is being sent in writing so hopefully my claim against abbey is finally over- will not chuck out the paperwork yet tho. Very pleased esp re the default . I'm :) smiling now!!!!

received this email from Inga at Abbey

I refer to our telephone conversation today.

I can confirm that our Debt Management Department have instructed Moorcroft to cease recovery on monies from you.

I can also confirm that the adverse credit reference has been deleted from the record. This removal may take a couple of days to update.

Could you please now contact the Court and withdraw your claim and provide me with a copy of your letter (email is fine).

GOOD RESULT

Very pleased but will only write this letter when i know the default is gone.:)