Grrrr Evil Halifax!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HEY ALL,

AS A NEWCOMER HERE I FIRSTLY SAY HI ALL, AND PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I WAS DIRECTED TO THIS SITE BY THE STUDENT ADVICE CENTRE AT MY UNIVERSITY. I HAVE BEEN HAVING MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH HALIFAX, BOTH WITH MY NORMAL ACCOUNT AND WITH MY CREDIT CARD. I HAVE READ A LITTLE THROUGH THE POSTINGS AND HAVE FOUND IT HELPFUL, BUT NOT QUITE SURE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MYSELF.

:shock: I AM A STUDENT NURSE, ON A NHS BURSERY, WHICH MEANS I DONT GET A STUDENT LOAN, AND HAVE BEEN 'SURVIVING' ON ABOUT £5500 A YEAR. I AM AT THE END OF MY COURSE, SO A JOB WITH MONEY IS IN SITE!!! ANYWAY;

PROBLEM ONE,

HALIFAX STUDENT BANK ACCOUNT

Hi & Welcome, I also joined this site yesterday and found reading the FAQ section and all around it along with the forum relating to your bank ie Halifax helped a great deal......

I've even started mine now, take a deep breath, and get ready to take control

Now grab a cup of coffee or Tea and read, read, read.....all will become clearer - I promise. :)

Halifax Plc - £1,956.00 + £360.15 interest = £2316.15

Preliminary Letter Sent - 7/8/2006

Standard blah, blah Letter arrived - 12/8/2006

LBA Letter Sent - 21/8/2006

Filed Moneyclaim - 04/09/2006

Moneyclaim Issued - 05/09/2006

Moneyclaim Acknowledged - 06/09/2006

**Settled in Full** - 11/09/2006

Barclays Bank Plc - Statements arrived - £250.00

Preliminary Letter Sent - 12/9/2006

Step-by-Step Instructions

A Good Place to Start

HEY ALL,

AS A NEWCOMER HERE I FIRSTLY SAY HI ALL, AND PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I WAS DIRECTED TO THIS SITE BY THE STUDENT ADVICE CENTRE AT MY UNIVERSITY. I HAVE BEEN HAVING MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH HALIFAX, BOTH WITH MY NORMAL ACCOUNT AND WITH MY CREDIT CARD. I HAVE READ A LITTLE THROUGH THE POSTINGS AND HAVE FOUND IT HELPFUL, BUT NOT QUITE SURE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MYSELF.

:shock: I AM A STUDENT NURSE, ON A NHS BURSERY, WHICH MEANS I DONT GET A STUDENT LOAN, AND HAVE BEEN 'SURVIVING' ON ABOUT £5500 A YEAR. I AM AT THE END OF MY COURSE, SO A JOB WITH MONEY IS IN SITE!!! ANYWAY;

PROBLEM ONE,

HALIFAX STUDENT BANK ACCOUNT

ON THIS ACCOUNT I HAVE A £2000 OVERDRAFT FACILTY, ON WHICH I HIT EVERY MONTH. IF I GO OVER THIS (WHICH SEEMS TO HAPPEN QUITE ALOT!!!) I GET CHARGED, AND THEN THE CHARGE COMES OUT THE NEXT MONTH, WHICH PUTS ME BACK OVER MY OVERDRAFT, SO I GET CHARGED AGAIN. THIS IS A VICIOUS CIRCLE IN WHICH I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF. THEY JUST SAY THEY CANT DO ANYTHING IN MY LOCAL BRANCH. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO NEXT. THE LADY AT STUDENT SERVICES HAS BEEN BRILLIANT, BUT EVEN SHE CANT HELP!!!

PROBLEM 2

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD.

I WAS SOLD THIS WHEN I OPENED MY STUDENT ACCOUNT, TO START WITH IT WAS A GREAT HELP, THEN THEY STARTED CHARGING ME LATE FEE'S, AND CHARGING ME TILL I WENT OVER MY LIMIT AND THEN I COULD NOT AFFORD TO PAY BACK THE AMOUNT IN WHICH THEY WERE ASKING ME. I WAS PAYING BACK ABOUT £40 A MONTH QUITE HAPPILY, UNITL THEY STARTED ASKING ME FOR MORE, THEN THEY CHAGNED DIRECT DEBIT DATE TILL END OF MY WORKING MONTH, SO I HAD NO MONEY TO PAY WITH. AFTER THAT IT JUST SPIRALLED. THE LADY I HAD SPOKEN TO AT UNIVERSITY HAD HELPED TO START. HALIFAX REFUSED TO CUT INTEREST RATE, OR MAY AN ARRAGEMENT TO PAY, OR HELP ME IN ANY WAY. I ONLY SAW A WAY OUT IN LETTING MY ACCOUNT FALL INTO DEFAULT. HOWEVER THEY RANG ME THIS MONTH, ASKING ME WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO ABOUT MY DEBT, WHY HADN'T I ASKED FOR HELP ETC, GENERALLY BEING RUDE, THEN THEY ASKED WHY I HADN'T TRIED TO MAKE A PAY ARRAGEMENT. I TOLD THEM THAT ONE OF THEIR ADVISORS HAD TOLD ME I COULDN'T. THEN THEY TOLD ME THAT AN ADVISOR THAT THEY HAD WROTE ONTO MY ACCOUNT DEATAILS, THAT THIS HAD ALREADY BEEN OFFERED IF I SENT THEM A FINANCAIL STATEMENT THING FROM CITIZENS ADVICE. SO I AM BACK AT SQUARE ONE, CHASING HALIFAX... AGAIN.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. BUT I AM GETTING TO THE END OF MY TETHER WITH HALIFAX. AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT!!!

GINA :confused:

yes it does take a while, spend lots of time in the library on this site, it is full of useful info, make sure you understand the process before sending out letters, from what i gather it is imperative that the process is followed to the letter so to speak good luck

I've pointed what you should do on your other thread......it will be Ok, just take it one step at a time and read the good news threads, that will be you soon.

Oh and if you could turn your caps lock off I'd be grateful, it's hard to read, and in the online world considered shouting. - Ta. :)

A Good Place to Start

Welcome, Im in the same boat too I have just sent my prelim letter today, and once I have sorted out the bank I will be onto them Re my CC, good luck with your claim and keep us all posted this is a fantastic site and the guys here all want to help, keep it up and dont get to dispondant, you will win in the end!!!

Huge problem with many of them......I'm just attacking Halifax first. :lol:

A Good Place to Start

Apparently the halifax (and this is only what I have read on the forum) is the pussycat of the banking world, you watch now Im really going to get screwed over by the halifax, from what I have read the is a major problem with all of the banks........what we really need (and this is only my opinion and does count for anything) is an actual court case so that the flood gates can be well and truly blown open and expose these bankers to a whirlwind of complaints and legal action!!!

Just my opinion you understand!!!

Well don't vote me for the court case.......I've got enough to do, I'll just have the money before it gets to court thanks. :lol:

A Good Place to Start

yeah, someone really needs to stand up to them!!! i just cant believe how much they do screw you over, and then they try to get you to use a debt advice company that they pay for??!!! now thats not being biased is it? and they told me to ignore the advice i was already being given, and has worked well so far! dont know what i would of done if it wasn't for the student advice team at uni!

Advice is there to be taken or ignored, if you ask me take it every time, and if it doesnt work try something else at least you can turn round and say that you did try!

The cccs (consumer credit councilling service) are great apparently they are a charity and their help is free, their number is on Martin Lewis' site check it out guys, my sister says they have worked wonders for her, and I have also advised her to check out this site, my next step is the cccs.

I will volunteer to go to court and fight them face to face if need be..........I hate injustice, this is going to be my own personal crusade against the bankers, if (when) I win a donation to the forum is on it's way!!!!

THREADS MERGED

Please stick to one thread per claim.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

i just wish i had found out about this site earlier. could of saved myself from the financial mess i am in now. but at least i am trying to sort it. i know lots of people who just stick their heads in the and and ignore their problems. just printed out the step by step instructions, and data letter thing. gotta get it all sorted.

i just wish i had found out about this site earlier. could of saved myself from the financial mess i am in now. but at least i am trying to sort it. i know lots of people who just stick their heads in the and and ignore their problems. just printed out the step by step instructions, and data letter thing. gotta get it all sorted.

Good for you. :)

Don't forget there is light at the end of the tunnel, you never know by the time this is finished you'll either not be in debt as much as you were, or you'll be clear.

A Good Place to Start