They knocked on my door

whatamess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:eek:Hi

Can HFC/Benificial do this and without warning? I wish i was there to tell them were to go, but i thought it was against the law to come to our address. Is there anything i can do to provent this happening again.. they have left a note to say to call them. Im not calling i have sent them loads of letters to say im not paying as they dont have a valid CCA.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have an update, I sent that letter and thought they got the hint but then on Monday i got a letter to say that they are sorry that i am in financial difficulty clearly ignoring the fact they have not got a CCA and said they would be making a house call in the next 14 days.. I sent another letter yesterday which they wont receive until tomorrow at the earliest but guess what.. they turned up this afternoon, no one was in so they posted another hand written letter.

What can i do about this i cant believe they have ignored my letter to tell them they are not invited.

Hopefully someone can give me some advice on this

Thanks

report the matter to the police as harrassment and intent to cause harm also let hfc know by e mail that the matter has been reported to the police showing them the crime scene number if you do report it as this is harrassment

they have to take it seriously especially if you have a sicknes o a mentel health problem you could be suicidal for all the police know but you must insist on a crime scene number stress you have informed this cmpany repeatedly and they are ignoring your pleas that all contact must be in writing also send a complaint to fsa and also send a serious complaint back to consumer direct that your feel their advice was wrong and innapropiate and you now require their internal complaints dept...as you are being denied your legal rights to information also send a complaint to the information commissioner that the compny hfc ? are refusing to comply with your CCA request..

patrickq1

as for the police if you get shortcanged by them demeand to speak with a senior officer and also ask for there complaint procedures this will spur them into action as they know complaints do not look good to there bosses higher up it makes them look like they aint doing what the ratepayers pay them to do UPHOLD THE LAW and if you are being harrassed by a det collecter despite repeated request to cease calling on your doorstepp then this is a CRIME

patrickq1

Did you send any of your letters by recorded delivery? if not they will simply ignore them and say they didn't get them.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

patrickq1 - thanks for all your advice at least i have some options they really do stress me out and this is why they are doing it, by turning up they think i will call them.

Ell-enn - I have all my receipts from the recorded deliveries and in fact I have sent copies of all my letters and copies of the receipts to HFC to let them know im on the ball and they cant say they have not heard from me, as this is why they are giving me a door step call because they have not had any response from me, so i sent about 7 letters and 7 reciepts.

Thanks