Bank Loan

lou1-1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I originally took my loan out with Barclays in 2003. Last year I still owed a couple of grand on it but I asked if I could top up my loan to get a car. My bank done this for me and sent out all the paperwork, I still have the copy of the CCA I should have sent back to them but which I never. I also remember ticking something online. I am basically asking is there any point in me sending a letter to them asking for my CCA?

Also if there is no point would I not be able to ask for the CCA I originally signed back in 2003 and if they don't have it could I ask for the couple of grand I originally owed be deducted from the amount which it was topped up by last year?

I hope this makes sense, I am new to this sorry.

Hi Lou,

The "tick" for an on-line loan will be accepted in the same way as a signature on a paper Credit Agreement.

I think the new loan would replace the old one entirely. Hence part of the new loan would be used to settle the balance o/s on the old one.

You can, of course, ask for sight of the agreement using a CCA request. See item 8 here and Letter N - The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick

On a different note would you know if I could send a request for my CCA if I also have a Credit Card. I have had my Credit Card for about eight years now and owe about a couple of grand. They keep increasing my limit so I still have about another couple of grand left to spend on it. I'm hoping if they don't have a CCA I won't have to pay my outstanding balance?

Hi Lou,

You can send a CCA request to BC but they won't send you the credit agreement. Read other threads here and you see what's happening - BC will not produce the agreement in almost every case.

Read about the CPR strategy in Link No2 in my signature below.

As soon as you stop paying, they'll have Mercers and other DCA's on your case double quick.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)