Abbey's Tricks

odezi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I contacted Abbey sometime ago about the charges on my account. At that time my account was over £800 overdrawn, all made up of charges. I asked them to consider paying back some of the charges and they agreed to return £750, but rather than using it to reduce the overdraft they paid it to my mortgage account which was in arrears. They are now asking me to pay back the overdrawn amount by the 15th of July or they will take legal action. I am not sure how best to proceed with this. Any advice or assistance will be hugely appreciated.

I sent an SAR to them at the start of June and I have not received anything yet. I believe my bank charges in the last six years may come to over £5k

The point I was trying to make is that they should have paid the refund into the bank account to reduce the overdraft. Instead they paid it to the mortgage account which now means I have to pay them the money back, money I don't have.

The point I was trying to make is that they should have paid the refund into the bank account to reduce the overdraft. Instead they paid it to the mortgage account which now means I have to pay them the money back, money I don't have.

Go back to them on financial hardship again then and no they should have paid your refund of charges to the arrears cos otherwise they would be taken repossession action rather than maybe court action(and with that the defence is bank charges---it's a win win situation for you unless the charges do not equal the total amount owed).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 1 month later...

I sent SAR to Abbey in June and I have not received anything yet. Can someone please suggest an appropriate follow up. I started this after Abbey appointed a DCA to chase the debt. I then sent the SAR and sent a letter to the DCA as well informing them of my action and asked them to return the debt to Abbey. For reasons not known to me, Abbey asked the DCA to stop their actions before my letter got to them.The debt was returned to Abbey and they have suddenly gone quiet. I believe it is because the charges are quite substantial. My mortgage arrears has reduced substantially but I am reluctant to let Abbey off because I believe the charges may be in excess of £5k