Jump to content

odezi

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

    77
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

  1. I need urgent advice on a major issue I am facing with the local authority and need urgent advice on the best way forward. I bought a council flat on a right to buy several years ago. In the last 4 years there have been several works the council have done and the charges were quite substantial. One the first invoice I was given an option to spread the payment. On the others no such option was offered, although they claim it was offered. The charges in addition with the annual service charges, it became quite difficult to keep up. In February 2014 the council took me to the county court. I explained at the court that I could not make the full payment but was prepared to enter into an agreement to make instalments, but for reasons I was never made aware of the council suspended the case only to resurrect it in May this year. Between the original case and now I have been making instalments and reduced the balance. On or around the 15th of May I received 'Judgement for Claimant' for the value of £1,329.61, including charges and interest. The council had commenced county court action in February 2014, but suspended it, but I was not aware that it had been suspended. I spoke to the council because the value claimed was incorrect as I had made a payment of £300 before I received the judgement. They confirm it. I sent an N245 to the court providing income and expenditure and the sum I am able to afford. I have not yet had a reply from the court. The balance due from the case is now less than £1000 due to the instalments I have been making On 18th June I received a 'Breach of Lease' notice from the council enclosing Notice under Section 146 of the Property Act 1925 and asking that I make full payment within 21 days or further legal action would be taken resulting in forfeit of the lease. This was despite not receiving any decision from the County Court. I have researched Section 146 of the Property Act and I do not believe the council are acting in accordance with the law. Further I have spoken to the council and more than one occasion and had various email exchanges about the possibility of instalments payments but they are refusing to even consider it, even though they can see that I am making an effort to make payment. I am not sure what steps I can take now and my wife and I are quite worried at the possibility of losing our home and would like some advice on how to tackle this issue. Many thanks
  2. Hi Bazooka Boo Your idea is a very good one and worth a try. many thanks
  3. Hello All I have loans with various providers. I appointed a debt management company sometime ago to freeze the interest rates and I have been paying reduced monthly repayment to the lenders. Most of my loans have now been sold on to third parties. A couple of these companies have contacted me offering to write-off up to 40% if I agree to make an immediaye payment of 60% of the loan. While this is generous I can't help but think these companies will make trmendous returns from the loans because they have been sold to them for a lot less than they are worth. I would like to know if there is anyway I can obtain information of how much the loans were sold to the third parties. Is there anyway I can find this out?
  4. Redfish, many thanks for posting up the letter. It is extremely useful. My credit history has already been destroyed. My creditors have made sure of that. It is something I will need to sort out in the future. I am aiming to be tough with these companies. So far they have been very cagey in their approach and I am guessing it is because they know something I don't. Many thanks again for the letter.
  5. Redfish, many thanks for the information you have provided. Now I really understand why MBNA are not making a fuss about the agreements I have with them. My debt is been managed by a debt management company and the monthly amount I pay towards each debt is quite low and MBNA that were aggressive with me prior to me receiving my CCA have suddenly stopped bothering me. Even when they asked for an increase in payment and I said no, normally there would be threats but nothing. The loan was sold to 1st credit and they have also toned down their aggression...amazing. The error I have made to date is that when I have put accounts in dispute, I have still continued to pay them. I think I need to stop paying. I should be grateful if you could please post up the letter you sent. It will be very useful. Once I have sent it should I stop making payment to them?
  6. Redfish, many thanks for the reply and the very useful information. Based on the agreement and the use of cash advance rather than credit as the regulation demands, how would you suggest I proceed with this? Should I write to MBNA informing them that I believe the agreement does not comply with the required regulation?
  7. Redfish, very many thanks for the attachment. It was a very interesting read and got me considering my loan further. The loan itself was to repay an existing loan and credit card, both owed to MBNA. When this loan was approved, MBNA automatically paid off the existing loan and paid the amount owning on the credit card before paying what was left to my account. Would this also be something to put forward because at the time of the application I informed MBNA the loan was for consolidation. Since I did not make the payments myself and they adjusted the other accounts I had with them with this loan, should the agreement not have included this?
  8. odezi

    Abbey's Tricks

    I sent SAR to Abbey in June and I have not received anything yet. Can someone please suggest an appropriate follow up. I started this after Abbey appointed a DCA to chase the debt. I then sent the SAR and sent a letter to the DCA as well informing them of my action and asked them to return the debt to Abbey. For reasons not known to me, Abbey asked the DCA to stop their actions before my letter got to them.The debt was returned to Abbey and they have suddenly gone quiet. I believe it is because the charges are quite substantial. My mortgage arrears has reduced substantially but I am reluctant to let Abbey off because I believe the charges may be in excess of £5k
  9. Spunkymonkey, many thanks for the posting. I sent the letter beloow to the DVLA and they have replied that I am still liable for the £80 charge I inted to follow it up with a letter and ask them to forward the case for prosecution.
  10. I have had various correspondence from Debt Clear Recoveries regarding one of the accounts with MBNA. They are requesting payment in full, over 5 years or partial settlement, none of which I will take up. Should I be corresponding with them about the account or should I continue with MBNA?
  11. I have been looking through the letters from DVLA and I am a little confused. I received a letter in April confirming that the late penalty notice was valid. This was in reply to my letter informing them that I was disputing the charge. At the beginning of May they sent me an acknowledgement letter that I was no longer the registered keeper. Should they have sent this since they claimed not to have received the V5C? Is it not the V5C that generates the automated letter?
  12. Unfortunately I sent it by normal post. I am planning to write to DVLA again about this and also complain about the harrassment by Moorcroft. They have called twice this week and also left one message.
  13. Still getting harrassed by Moorcroft about this fine. They have sent me letter from their precourt division and also called me to pay and if I do not they will commence legal proceedings. They also claimed that after selling the car I should have asked for a refund of my road tax, that is the way DVLA will know I have sold it. I told them that the tax had 2 days left and as far as I was aware, all I needed to do was send V5C, which I did. Moorcroft are becoming a real pain, real pain.
  14. I also sold my car to webuyanycar, but I sent off the V5C myself way back in December, now I'm in a battle with DVLA and Moorcroft who want me to pay £80 fine. Moorcroft claim that I should have asked for a refund of my road tax after selling the car. I told them it had two days left and as far as I am aware I didn't have to. All I needed to do was send V5C which I did.
×
×
  • Create New...