Court on 1st July - Need some urgent help re set aside wording

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a set aside hearing on 1st July, I found out recently that I have a ccj for £20K from Lloyds, the ccj was registered at an address I left in 2004. The ccj was entered by detault in 2007.

I only found out about it recently when I applied for a car loan. Checkmy file were not aware of it either, until they tweaked my old address!

I have letters from Lloyds at my old address, and, crucially, my new address (card statements, bank statements, notice of tax paid, PIN notification etc). I also have other documents showing my new address since 2004.

I am requesting that the court set aside the ccj as:

I was unaware of it, until I applied for a car loan in April 2009

I have no idea what debt for £20K I could possibly have - my last staement from Lloyds shows an overdraft limit of £1800 and the balance of £36 o/d, my credit card had a limit of only £1000. It could be identity theft - I just don't know. The default was put through at the Northampton bulk centre so I have minimal information about it.

I wrote to Lloyds, asking for a CCA, and they wrote back saying they do not hold an account for me, and returned my PO!

I have a schedule of key dates (left old address, informed bank etc), and also a document schedule (bank statement, card statement, letter from employer, information from electral role for periods in question etc).

I have my papers in order, and have a bullet pointed list of key issues.

But guys, I'm struggling with the wording and procedure. Do I have to say, "Sir, it is my application today that I request you to set aside this ccj because..."? Is there a certain way I have to put this?

Any advice would be, as ever, very gratefully received - court on 1st July!

Thanks

Lapchien

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

You have left it very late to seek advice, however, i suggest you start a new thread in the legal forum asap, where you will have a better chance of help quickly IMO

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site