Sky - admin charge for payment.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone any experience of challenging Sky about their forced charge for paying bill other than by DD or Recurring payment. I pay my bill through my account on their web site and I have refused to pay the admin charge and deducted it from my bill. As I am paying via the internet my payment is automated and does not involve any admin on their part. Has anhyone else challenged this. If they have, please let me know what you did and what Sky's response was so that I have ammunition before I contact them and fight them on this issue. I am a pensioner and I don't see why I or anhyone else should pay a penalty charge for paying this way. I will not let anyTom Dic or Harry have access to my bank account. When you sign a DD you are allowing them access and control of your personal bank account.

Some time ago I had a row with some young smart a.. at Sky who raised a DD for 400 pounds per month on my account. I'm not sure if this was not a criminal offence I think it is. I made a complaint and informed Sky that I would never let them have a DD agreement from me ever. They were very apologetic and promised to look into my complaint. I never heard another word from them. So trust them at your peril. I will mention that my bill is 17.50 per month, so I think that proved the maliciousness of this a.......'s behaviour.

Perhaps there ins n't anyone that can help me about this issue I have with Sky. But if there is, I would be grateful for any advice available as i think this is an important issue which needs looking at from a comsumers point of view as this admin charge is very profitable for Sky and consitutes a penality charge!!!!! Need I say anymore.:evil::evil:

Subbing with great interest as I have endless troubles with Sky and I am sure they are ripping my mum off too.

Would these extra charges come under the same thing as BT and other utilities whereby the EU have just said it's not right?

T :)

IMO it does indeed and im also getting these charges and will seek to get them returned

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Iwould say that this charge is also the same as BT. The next step is what can we do about this. Can we think of a strategy which has some sort of legality. What exactly does the EU say about this? If there is something we can quote as a reason for not paying the admin charge can someone with legal nonce point the way. I'm afraid I am not good at legal language.

Hi, thomass.

There's a thread here that may interest you...............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/9306-martin3030-virgin-media-charges.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Everyone

There is also this thread - I think it is an important one to look out for and subscribe to and will give us the info we need

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/205578-important-pending-consumer-action.html

The state of play so far is apparently to hold fire for the moment

T :)

I would wait for the outcome as well but you could send of the sar's to get the last 6 years if you do not know how many you have paid and then keep any furture one's that come through the door.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)