1st Credit / Connaught Collections - what next?

Fossell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I couldnt find where to put it so I referred back to the original creditor Barclaycard. Feel free to move the thread.

1st Credit bought my debt from Barclaycard a while ago. I was unable to make repayments and they wouldnt accept my offers. they started getting heavy with threats so I did a CCA request via 1st Credits collectors, Connaught.

I asked for it on the 1st of May. They acknowledged receipt and said it would take longer than the 12 days as specified by the CCA.

I have still not heard anything. What do I do next? Should I keep making token £1 payments?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Fossell,

If Connaught have acknowledged the CCA request, keep dealing with them but send copy letters, including a copy of the CCA request to 1st Credit.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Im filling out my 'failure to send CC letter'.

The date I put here:

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE** (12+2 days after you made the initial request).

Is that 12+2 'working' days from the date I 'sent' it or from the date they 'received' it?

Also I didnt request an SAR from them as I have all my statements. Should I remove the following from the Account in Dispute letter?: 'In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.'

Edited by Fossell

It's 12 working days plus 2 more for them to receive it - ie 14 working days total.

I assume you've found a suitable letter to tell them the a/c is in dispute.

:)

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 months later...

hi there

right im back on this one now.

the cca is wayyyyyyyyy overdue.

i did find a suitable dispute letter and will post it tomorrow.

i presume i dont need to do anything further with this at this point.

there are charges that i would like to claim back but theyre a fraction of the amount owed.

so i presume best to leave it now.

as they havent repsonded, where does this leave things legally etc?

could they respond and enforce later?

at the moment they simply acknowledged my request back in June! and said no action will be taken at that point.

Hi Fossell,

As they've gone quiet on this, why send them the dispute letter.

It's clear the a/c is in dispute, whether you've told them so in writing or not. Let sleeping dogs lie !! Otherwise, they'll be back, snapping at your ankles again. ;)

However, I would pursue the issue of penalty charges added to the a/c because BC will only supply data going back 6 years from the SAR date. So, unless you have all your old statements already, send off for them now.

If you claim Interest in Restitution, this should make a larger dent in the a/c balance if you are willing to see the claim through to court. BC will normally only agree to settle just before a final hearing date.

Was there any mis-sold PPI on the a/c ?

Edited by slick132
typo

Hi Slick,

My sentiments exactly. why remind them. I just assumed a dispute letter made something legally binding etc?

To the same degree wouldnt filing for penalt charges just remind them about things!?

The charges arent too much compared to the balance owing.

I have all my old statements and there was no PPI.

whats interest in restitution?

Cheers

I just assumed a dispute letter made something legally binding etc?

Haha, BC don't do Legally Binding - they pretty much ignore anything you say, until you have them pinned up against the wall of your local County Court.

If you hover your mouse over the blue words, a little info box pops up.

For more about restitutionary interest, read the Interest Tutorial at Link No6 in my signature below.

Filing for penalty charges may well arouse them but this is unavoidable. At least you can prepare all your figures in readiness, without them calling every 5 minutes. :)

Edited by slick132
typo

Connaught Collections UK, Ltd. provides credit management and debt collection services. It also offers litigation and insolvency services. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Croydon, the United Kingdom. As of December 23, 2005 Connaught Collections UK, Ltd. is a subsidiary of 1st Credit, Ltd.

I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Hi Are you saying if the CCA is not provided you are going to pay what you "morally owe" or are you going to stick to the letter of the law and say without a signed cca the debt is unenforcable and fight any attempts to put a CCJ on you.

You only sound half committed.

• 8 months later...

hi,

back on this now. Connaught finally sent me some stuff and are chasing again for payment. though everything they sent is a year overdue??

Theyre now offering if I pay 40% of debt in June they'll write off 60% etc etc. but then it redudes to 50% in july and so on

will post more soon when ive read it all