The Online Ticket Shop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I spent £300 on tickets I never received from these bunch of crooks. They sent me an email like 2 days before saying I could receive my tickets at the venue or they would issue me with a refund. I emailed them back asking for a refund as from other reviews I know they wont turn up at the venue. Suprise suprise no reply.

This morning I sent special delivery letter asking for a refund. Will they actually sign for this or will it get returned to me? I never threatened them with court I only asked for a refund. Do you think I will get one?

If not what do I need to do to make them refund?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi becky

I sent a letter before the concert threatening court and our order was deleted from their system. Our account was refunded before I had the chance to threaten anything else! My leter was sent SD.

I have reported them to trading standards. I printed off online receipts for everything just incase my pc crashed.

Good luck and post any results you may get for other people dealing with them.

PS My oh had also bought tickets for Cold Play from them........he is now banned from purchasing tickets unless he is supervised;)

PS My oh had also bought tickets for Cold Play from them........he is now banned from purchasing tickets unless he is supervised;)

I definitely think you have done the right thing cymruambyth......

Anyone who wants to see Cold Play needs 24 hour supervision:p.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Hi becky

I sent a letter before the concert threatening court and our order was deleted from their system. Our account was refunded before I had the chance to threaten anything else! My leter was sent SD.

I have reported them to trading standards. I printed off online receipts for everything just incase my pc crashed.

Good luck and post any results you may get for other people dealing with them.

So did you get the refund before you sent the small claims letter or after. I am at that stage now (after following your advice and trading standards) in that I have already sent a SD letter threatening court action if they do not pay within 5 days. Tomorrow I will be issuing the small calims on line procedure. I was not receiving any responses from emails and phone calls and was being fobbed off.

My situation is slightly different where I have sold tickets and have not had payments.

Hi I sent this letter the same day as I had notification of late arrival of tickets and that they would have to be collected from venue.

Dear Sirs

On xxxx 2009 I purchased 4 tickets for the Bruce Springsteen Concert at Hyde Park, London on 28 June 2009. The tickets cost £XXXX, including all fees.

I have yet to receive my tickets and have been unable to contact your company by email, phone or text. Please advise me when I will receive these tickets.

If these tickets do not arrive in time for the concert, I will be taking action through the small claims court to recover my money and any sundry expenses.

Yours faithfully

The next day my order was deleted from their system :(. Two days later the money was credited to my card. I only know this because I was doing online banking. I have had no correspondence from them.

I think TS are investigating them, so complain to them.

They appear to have had some problems......;);).....and are now clearing their paperwork.

'They are a big company.....would never do anything wrong......it was Michael Jackson wot done it for us my lord......'

Good luck to everyone

They appear to have had some problems......;);).....and are now clearing their paperwork.

'They are a big company.....would never do anything wrong......it was Michael Jackson wot done it for us my lord......'

Good luck to everyone

Yes, I have had several excuses including Michael Jackson and the fact that two book-keepers left in the same week!!! Also when you phone up you get "Hello"...not "Hello, this is such and such". One man also claimed he was not part of onlineticketexchange and was in fact ticketmate sharing an office...until the next day when he miraculaously became onlineticketexchange again!! Shambles!!!

I have today filed a small claims proceudre against teh company so hopefully will get my money back??? Who knows, I willl et you know.

Wow I got a phone call today explaining that they were going to refund my money and it wasn;t there fault that the tickets were released late and that there had been a postal strike Ha. But due to the death of MJ then it could take up to a week. If I don;t get a refund in a week which I probably won;t then I will send another SD letter threatening court action. I can see why people just give up trying to claim the money back the amount of time I have wasted and the cost of all the phone calls.

They told me that in May their phone lines were cut by the Met for 6 weeks............so don't give up hope. I didn't have anything from them, just discovered the money in my account! They may realise that they will be prosecuted if they aren't careful, plus they will lose all their customers if they don't start getting some positive feedback!!!

Edited by cymruambyth
2 many l's

Wow I got a phone call today explaining that they were going to refund my money and it wasn;t there fault that the tickets were released late and that there had been a postal strike Ha. But due to the death of MJ then it could take up to a week. If I don;t get a refund in a week which I probably won;t then I will send another SD letter threatening court action. I can see why people just give up trying to claim the money back the amount of time I have wasted and the cost of all the phone calls.

Just to let you know I had the same response when they receive my letter threatening small claims if they did not pay up. They actually phoned me(!!!!) YES..THEY PHONED ME!!!! Said teh cheques were going out and they were busy and they said they are normally quicker...I think wanting future business...as if!!! I was (naively I suppose) optimistic.

But no payment!!!

So yesterday I issued a small claims procedure online. I will let you know if they pay up because of that. I suppose they have to since I have all the emails saying they owe me money. I think you are right, that they bank on most people just giving up!

I will keep you posted...but don't give up.

Sorry can't help any more as I've said before, my mney appeared before I asked for it! they have been in trouble with the Met Police, so maybe you could contact them. I think their local station is Sothwark.

I have now had several phone calls from them and they keep telling me i will get a refund, and I still haven't. I have contacted my bank for a chargeback but I don;t know how I will get on.

Mangoo please let me know how you get on with the small claims procedure.

Will do becky as soon as I hear something.

Hi everyone, just a further word of advice............having received my money, I've just discovered that they appear to be quietly helping themselves to money from my bank account.:mad:So, if you ever get your money back, check over the following few months for any rogue payments :-x

Mangoo just wondered if you had got anything back. Im going to start small claims procedings on monday as its been ages now and still no luck

Still nothing. They are really dragging their heels on this one. You may or may not know but the small claims has several stages. Yesterday I entered the final stage, called issuing a warrant. This essentially means that they have not replied to the small claims summons and no it gets handed to the local court who basically send round the bailiffs to get the money from them personally. I hopefully should hear what happens with respect to that next week. In the meantime I have had email contact with them where they keep coming out with excuses, and hinting that they are about to pay...but you know the rest.

Do go ahead with the samll claims, and push it through. Hopefully it will resolve positively. It will cost, but in theory they are liable for those costs too. I really did not want to go this far, but now it's got to the point that I just want my money, and it's a point of principle. I can't really let them get away with it. I just wished they had responded to the first part of the small claims. I will let you know if anything happens.

6 weeks ago, I bought and paid for tickets for the V festival this weekend. As of this morning I had still heard nothing other than the tickets had been delayed. I emailed and got no response but I did get through on the telephone this morning to be told that it would be a pick up at the venue affair. I told the gentleman that having read the reviews online, I was making my way to their office so someone could explain to me in person. He said I was welcome to do so but the tickets weren't at the office, I would only be able to get them at the venue. I went down and was given my tickets then and there. He explained that they only received the tickets themselves in batches and hence the delay.

In short, if you're lucky enough to live nearby, go in and get the tickets - don't be put off if they say they don't have them.

• 1 month later...

Yet another installment:mad:

OH bought 3 sets of tickets for sons................

Last ones were for Coldplay. 'Yes tickets will be despatched next week.' 'The tickets will be sent SD tomorrow.' 'Sorry manager has left the office....'

Email to say, can only get seated tickets for an extra amount or full refund, reply FULL REFUND.

Email can get standing tickets from Ticketmaster, can have credit note. Email want FULL REFUND or else.

Letter requesting FULL REFUND and LBA......7 days.

Email tickets can be collected from Henry on a mobile outside Wembley before concert.

Phone call pointing out all the above 'go call the police then' and phone slammed down.

Next installment will involve how to sue through mcol (I don't know how) and possibly who I have complained to (logged with TS :()

PS Ticketmaster supplied tickets face value at Wembley, excellent service.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update:(. I have sent 2 RD letters, spoken to people and sent emails.....guess what still waiting. On last phone call was asked why I kept ringing and told to 'go report us to the police'.

They have been given until the 10th for my refund.

Monday I'm going through mcol and the police. How easy is mcol and does it cost anything?