dvla-police-help

tigga_1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i sold a car in aug 08, which i bought in dec 07, anyways when i sold the car i sent off v5 with change of keeper and gave new keeper his bit since then i have had 2 parking fines one with bexley which after appeal has been sorted the other is still pending, both of these happened in london and being from essex orig sunderland ive never driven to london, yesterday at my inlaws where i lived till april 08 they had a visit from the local plod to do with the car no one was home so they asked a neighbour about me, i dont know whats goin on now, i sent v5 to dvla who said it wasnt recieved so i wrot in feb to them and got a letter saying they had changed the record that i was no longe the reg keeper, and that came t my new address does anyone know what is goin on, also the tax and mot would of expired on this car and i have recieved any renewal notices at this or my inlaws address any help appreciated

Edited by tigga_1961

hi thanks coniff, the police called at in laws yesterday again and said its nothing to worry bout they just want to see the proof that im not the owner,

ha! and before you know it they'll have your dna on file and be accusing you of the last 3 unsolved bank raids too! :D

:mad:

ha! and before you know it they'll have your dna on file and be accusing you of the last 3 unsolved bank raids too! :D

now thats not funny crem im already off work with severe depression and these morons are trying to push me over the edge, if only the prats would check the cctv cameras they are soo keen to use they wud see unless i fell in a vat of tar i couldnt look the same colour as the jerk who bought it lol

hi thanks coniff, the police called at in laws yesterday again and said its nothing to worry bout they just want to see the proof that im not the owner,

And did you have proof to show them ??

But did they update the record to show from the date you contacted them or from August 2008 the date you disposed of the vehicle?

If it is from the date of disposal then you have nothing at all to worry about.

But did they update the record to show from the date you contacted them or from August 2008 the date you disposed of the vehicle?

If it is from the date of disposal then you have nothing at all to worry about.

thanks for that the letter states records amened from aug date i sold the car.

i remain surprised that no market has sprung up selling DVLA confirmation letters for whatever VRM and date requested...

**phones local printer to discuss costs on printing DVLA paper to write letters on** :p