You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thank you. There are two possible routes here. You could sue DPD – and then they would probably defend and they would also counterclaim for the unpaid delivery fee. Alternatively, they could go ahead and sue you and then you could counterclaim for the expenses of the damaged items. It would be better if they would sue you and the reason for that is that you would be the defendant and therefore if there was a hearing, it will be held at your local court which would save you a lot of inconvenience. If you sue them, then they become the defendant and if there was a hearing then it would be heard at their local court which means that you would have to travel and plan the logistics of this. Normally speaking you can counterclaim without paying a fee but where the value of a counterclaim is substantially greater than the value of the substantive claim, when you might have to pay a fee. If you with the claimant then you will certainly have to pay the fee anyway. So I suggest that your best interests are served by preparing to be sued and then if that happens then to defend and counterclaim. We will help you. If eventually they don't follow through with their threat, then you will have to sue them. Whichever is the case, you will need to be well prepared and that really means that you need to seek independent assessments and evaluations of the damage which has been caused and the value of putting it right. These independent assessments may cost you money – but eventually if you win then you will get this back. So for the moment, start gathering your evidence. Make sure that you are fully prepared with your independently verified documentation and then hope that they will follow through with their threat and sue you.
    • thanks for the response   The items arrived totally damaged and our customer sent them back and we had to re make all of the items again. This cost was just over £7000. Yes we are on a creidt type account, I asked for the compensation on the problem delivery and they decided to lie and cheat and then close the complaint. we did take photos and so did my customer, DPD said they could not use them as it didnt show enough detail. this again is untrue.    The invoice we are with holding is £530  We had to remake all of the work as mentioned above.    I hope this helps a little more  
    • Hi I use Martin Lewis Credit club and if I click on the defaults they say ‘account settled’ and the dates range from December 17 to Feb 18 under each tab. It also states the name of the new debt owner now and says last updated.    Will that be the default  dates or will I find it elsewhere?         
    • Hi Andy, yes they did + another £600 for flush and repair! I was surprised that they just accepted the FOS terms without a whimper. Cheque received and cashed.     @dx100uk Agreed. I read people having similar issues with getting repairs from ASG, not sure if it was on here or another site but they seem to adopt the same line about it being the customers responsibility to keep their system fresh and clean. My system was powerflushed in 2016 and by 2018 it was similar to having 4 blocked arteries. I have my doubts as to whether it was done.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 10 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
georgejoseph1981

Halifax Legal Cover for Employement issues

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All,

I took Halifax home contents cover with legal expenses on 18 June 2009. I took it becuase I did not have home contents insurance and also for a possible employement tribunal claim which could happen if my wife gets dismissed. More about the possible unfair dismissal claim is in the employement section.

My query is this: would halifax consider any claims I make next week. Also should I involve them straight away or once the dismissal has come to pass?

Thanks,

George.