Have you had your car taken by a bailiff ? Name and shame them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do You think it is right to take a car ?  

40 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Do You think it is right to take a car ?

• Yes
    • No

They haven't yet but they are planning to and trying to do it on a walking possession order that they do not have my husbands signature on. There is still finance outstanding too but they won't take our word for that.

Bristow & Sutor, a car worth £900 for a £150 bill which they've stuck over £500 in charges on already.

'I'm Tyrannosaurus Gally, and I'll have any financial institution for breakfast!'

Have you had a car taken by a bailiff ? Why not name the company and shame them ? Information needed :

Name of company,amount,charges and how much you had to pay to have it released !

If you start a new thread off i will guide you in the right direction.

So whats cooking today ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OOOOOH yes please I want to name and shame NEWLYN!!!!!!!

Bunch of idiots. Clamped my car last night at 18.30pm took it away today 11.30am. That's almost as quick as AA/RAC. lol.

Sent me a letter next day to say we have taken your car. Now 5 days later wrote telling me they are coming Friday to collect my car they intend to seize. Doh.!!!!! Wish I was around to see that.

Edited by k1mmie

What's the point of the Poll? If I take someone to court because they refuse to pay me, even after I get judgement, them I need to use whatever means I can to ensure I get my money. Bailiffs are the legal way - what do you suggest... I forget about it?

What's the point of the Poll? If I take someone to court because they refuse to pay me, even after I get judgement, them I need to use whatever means I can to ensure I get my money. Bailiffs are the legal way - what do you suggest... I forget about it?

Polls is should a bailiff take your car ?

So whats cooking today ?

I am with buzby on this.

If the car is the value of the debt (and i mean the real debt, not the bailiffs inflated debt) then why shouldnt they?

Dont get me wrong, i dislike bailiffs as much as anyone, but if the debt is there it does need to be satisfied and if they have the legal paperwork i.e. warrants etc.... then they are legally able to.

Polls is should a bailiff take your car ?

If you owe me money - it's the legal way to do it. After all, it would be illegal for me to take it without lawful authority. So in answer to the stupid pollquestion. If you owe a debt, anything of value is fair game, car, lorry, bike, home... whatever.

Why should I have to balance my finances on a knife edge to stay solvent, when someone else is recklessly having a great time, knowing there's nothing can be done to enforce repayment?

If you owe me money - it's the legal way to do it. After all, it would be illegal for me to take it without lawful authority. So in answer to the stupid pollquestion. If you owe a debt, anything of value is fair game, car, lorry, bike, home... whatever.

Why should I have to balance my finances on a knife edge to stay solvent, when someone else is recklessly having a great time, knowing there's nothing can be done to enforce repayment?

i have just won a county court case against a 68 year old that does owe me five hundred quid she has refused to pay me even with the order she does not have a car but even if she did i could not have it taken off of her because its the one thing in most peaples lifes that give them freedom

and im sorry but i could not take that away i have a county court order i can now set that off against my tax bill this year.

so no they should not take a car there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Sometimes yes there is more ways to skin a cat, however, there is always the bus etc.........

I know it sounds harsh but a debt is a debt. I am in fact currently waiting for Marstons to let me know wether they have collected a debt for me, of around £1250. In fact i am hoping they do take his cars (he is a motor trader) as he conned my younger brother who has special needs out of over £1000 for a clapped out banger that had to go to the scrap yard a week after he had bought it!

Sometimes yes there is more ways to skin a cat, however, there is always the bus etc.........

I know it sounds harsh but a debt is a debt. I am in fact currently waiting for Marstons to let me know wether they have collected a debt for me, of around £1250. In fact i am hoping they do take his cars (he is a motor trader) as he conned my younger brother who has special needs out of over £1000 for a clapped out banger that had to go to the scrap yard a week after he had bought it!

in that case i would also take his cars, taking from a business that rip you off is the right thing to do, im talking about older peaple single mums or dads peaple who do really need there car to live not been funny but have you cought a bus with three kids or seen sombody over 60 sat waiting in the rain with five bags of shopping its not a good sight i do undrstand about business debt i have had two for the last six years in retail its hard but we have jusy had vans taken away from me for a debt thats not even mine and thats closed my firms down so that is why i say no never should a bailiff be able to take cars or vans, unless the debter is a car trader

You are clearly in the best position to decide what action your particular case merits - you could also go for an attachment to property, so your debt is secured and when she keels over, you get paid. However, it is most often the THREAT of removal that somehow manages to magically bring funds hitherto unknown so that the debt can be discharged.

Bailiffs don't pick people at random to abuse - they do the job they have to because that's the way the courts work. Holding a poll to 'shame' them for doing a legitimate task is nonsensical.

there are other ways to collect bad debt other than bailiffs we all know this the reason peaple are on this site is because of wrongs done by bailiffs or high court enforcement offices, the point i am trying to make is every trade has an independent governing body but not this one the only place you can go for HCEO is HCEOA who is it run by, HCEO sorry but that is the last place i would go for help. there is a massive need for reform in this industry.

Actually, i came on this site first off to see how effective the bailiffs were in collecting a business debt.

However i stayed for the fun times! lol

I agree every time i see that some body has won against a bailiff company its lots of fun. let me not mix my words (I hate this trade and the peaple who work in it)

• 2 weeks later...