style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

If a person has entered into an I V A, can they still claim there bank charges back, including P P I that may have been missold ?

Also can the same person apply for a mortgage ?

The Person has been in the I V A for aprrox 18 months.

Many thanks for your comments.

The retailers worst nightmare !

Hi Big Boss Man,

The answer is yes to all three. I have done all three having had an IVA since Nov 2005.

My experience is that the defaults resulting from the IVA are proving more of a problem than the IVA itself.

My advice is take one thing at a time and never give up. I would say that a mortgage is going to be difficult for you now. I was lucky to get it before the real economic downturn kicked in and the likes of GMAC were still happy to lend on 95%LTV with an IVA a few defaults chucked in and not to bothered about your income!! No suprise things have ended up going the way they have really !!

Yes, you can still apply to have bank charges re-claimed as you are well within your rights to do this from the charges that were put on before the IVA was accepted.

I would also say that you would be fine to get a mortgage - it may be worth looking into smaller companies, as I am unsure as to whether the larger mortgage companies would accept you based on the credit rating.

Hope this helps x

Thanks for all comments - after reading these, it looks like someone will be claiming there charges etc back !

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Hello there.

You can indeed claim back your charges but you need to take the IP aware of any proceeds that you receive as it would be classed as a windfall. You should be aware that they may take the money and use it to pay your creditors.

Hello there.

You can indeed claim back your charges but you need to take the IP aware of any proceeds that you receive as it would be classed as a windfall. You should be aware that they may take the money and use it to pay your creditors.

Thanks for your advice - I was thinking the same thing, but was not to sure, in any event i would prefer the funds go towards my debt rather than in the hands of the banks etc - Just deciding on what action to take.