HFC bank and Restons newbie needs help! ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After checking account numbers this document has the wrong account number..It is for another HFC account for a very small amount and is not for the account subject to the current court proceedings..So no they have not sent me a default notice for the larger amount... I also do not have a termination notice in my possession

Edited by nana buzzz

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dn.jpg

No - that's not the statutory Default Notice

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Thank you :)

I do not have and have never received a default or termination notice..so what are my options. Do I file that as part of my defence??

Also in the CPR 31.14 where it says

2 the assignment*

3 the default notice*

4 the termination notice*

5 [any other documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim]*

* delete if not mentioned in the Particulars of claim.

what part of this do I delete..non of these are mentioned on the court papers

Edited by nana buzzz

I do not and have never received a default or termination notice..so what are my options. Do I file that as part of my defence??

Yes - its' an important part of the defence - No DN and the proceedings are fatally flawed

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

I do not have and have never received a default or termination notice..so what are my options. Do I file that as part of my defence??

Also in the CPR 31.14 where it says

2 the assignment*

3 the default notice*

4 the termination notice*

5 [any other documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim]*

* delete if not mentioned in the Particulars of claim.

what part of this do I delete..non of these are mentioned on the court papers

When I did it the first time I asked for everything mentioned even though I didn't know what it meant, If you ask for everything and see what if anything you get back it doesn't do any harm having anything twice.

With Restons you are likely to get a letter saying something on the lines "we do not respond to unsigned draft documents" keep it as a bit of extra ammunition in court if you need, it shows how helpful they are when you are trying your best to resolve the issue.

If they have no DN then they can not take you to court.

A little tip is to keep all correspondence and the envelopes make a note on the envelope when it was received and keep it with the document that arrived in it.

• Haha 1

Thanks so much again mr happy and ignm.

I will do that,as they say nothing ventured nothing gained.I am fully expecting Restons to be difficult and as you say it's all extra ammo.

I am going to copy up the CPR 31.14 now and also write to Restons telling them to remove the collection charge from the court papers..will send both signed for.

I might appear to be a self confident person..but this has given me nightmares for months..I am calm and brave now, just hope I can keep it up for court :) The help I have received thus far is invaluable to me and I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

i havent read the whole thread but why wud u send them that nana?

lol...thats fair enough then..

just seemed odd in the context of the rest of it. i thought a flawed POC cud be used in a defence but im sure SS has taken that into account.

lol...thats fair enough then..

just seemed odd in the context of the rest of it. i thought a flawed POC cud be used in a defence but im sure SS has taken that into account.

Yes R&B - it needs including in the defence

Hmmm probably just as well I didn't get that letter sent today after all,

But it felt good writing it :lol:

So I keep it to myself and bring it up in my defence.

Also, someone here might know, But is it usual for zeros to be put in front of your a/c no: on a POC?? eg: say my a/c no is 123456 and that is the a/c number that is on all my letters, but on the POC it is 0000123456.

i would say thats ok as its generally bank/fin institution policy to have a system that can handle lots of future accounts, so they dont need to reprogramme their entire system once they run out of noughts.

Hi nana , I'm subbing to this post as I too have suffered with HFC and now restons , I intend to fight all the way . By the way I have had at least 5 default notices sent to me regarding my account in the last 18 months all faulty .Restons have already added their 16% collection charge ,lets hope it will be on the claims form lol.

sleepingdog

Hi nana , I'm subbing to this post as I too have suffered with HFC and now restons , I intend to fight all the way . By the way I have had at least 5 default notices sent to me regarding my account in the last 18 months all faulty .Restons have already added their 16% collection charge ,lets hope it will be on the claims form lol.

sleepingdog

have u got ur own thread SD? and have u had a termination notice yet or them demanding the entire sum be repaid at any point?

Hi r&b ,will be starting own thread over weekend, yes to requesting full payment , need to check to see if I have received termination notice ( so many OC,DCA ,solicitor and court letters over last 24 months regarding many accounts that its hard to keep track) .

sleepingdog

Hi r&b ,will be starting own thread over weekend, yes to requesting full payment , need to check to see if I have received termination notice ( so many OC,DCA ,solicitor and court letters over last 24 months regarding many accounts that its hard to keep track) .

sleepingdog

sorry for sml hijack of the thread but requesting full payment is deemed as termination...from that point on (when they say they will terminate) they cannot issue any more DNs as the account is no longer running.

I had never seen this document until it arrived saturday..it says a CA dated the 6th November 2007. yet the actual CA was signed on the 24th October 2007.

hfcdefaultnotice.jpg

Edited by nana buzzz