Well Amex declines to answer Securitisation Question

Fedupandfightingback
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rev.Ian,

I think you should ask them for a notarised statement stating that the account has not been securitised countersigned by their company secretary.

I don't understand why they would word it 'securised program' either. Maybe they are playing with words here?

DD

I think you should ask them for a notarised statement stating that the account has not been securitised countersigned by their company secretary.

Hi DD, That’s what I had been asking for. Their letter ends

No further assurance will be forthcoming.

Yours sincerely

Anna Edwards

Executive Customer Relations Manager

This is our final response

They are very good at saying it's their final response when they don't want to answer perfectly legitimate questions.

They sold my account on after their final response so I think I am going to go to the FOS about that and this whole securitisation issue, as well as their faulty DNs.

What do you want to do next?

DD

I guess I should send this for now.

Anna Edwards

Executive Customer Relations Manager

American Express Services

Amex House

Edward Street

Brighton

East Sussex

BN88 1AH

Dear Ms Edwards,

Re. Account number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Securitisation

Thank you for your letter of 11th September 2009, confirming the above account has not been part of a securitised program.

I made a formal request that American Express provide me with proof, in the form of a notarised document, counter signed by the company secretary, that the above account has NOT been securitized.

It is not sufficient to reply that the account has not been securitized; you must prove that it has not been securitized in the above mentioned manor.

I reserve the right to show a copy of this letter to a judge in any future legal proceedings involving the above account.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Can I use CPR31.14 as part of a pre-action protocol to request Amex provide me with proof, in the form of a notarised document, counter signed by the company secretary, that the above account has NOT been securitized and if it has been securitized to confirm which organisational entity was the account securitized through?

There are approximately 900 Notary Publics in England and Wales that are recorded with the Scriveners Society.

It is true that Notary Publics are often used in relation to overseas matters but they are also used for UK to verify facts in relation to Banking and Shipping etc...

I have personally used the services of a Notary myself, several times.

Kraken, your comment re: the colonies made me smile;

Amex is based in the 'colonies' and bucket loads of toxic debt has been securitized (securitised) from the colonies, through places such as the Cayman Islands, the Channel Islands and The Republic of Ireland (Eire) etc.

AC

• 2 months later...