HSBC - 24 Hour Charging Cycle

Trampdog123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Has anybody else ever questioned the time(s) when transactions are debited from our accounts?? I've been looking into this of late and HSBC are refusing to give me the time(s) when transaction(s) a been dibuted from my account.... I;ve been checking my account regularly and HSBC have been changing the DATE and TIME of some of my transactions so that they can slap me with an £8.00 charge!!

I'm disgusted with this as it appears I was charged for been OD for 4 hours and 45 minutes yet they have charged me £8.00 for the day.... even tho I credited my account on the day it was O/D to correct the problem and bring back in credit .... this is clearly unfair and deceptive!!

Has anyone else gone down this road.... the banking practises of this bank are terrible!! HSBC are cheating people out of their hard earned cash!!

I'm currently questioning this '24 hour charging cycle'..... which I might was confirmed by two of their call centre staff!!

HSBC... 'You will only be charged if you are overdrawn for a full 24 hours.....' Comments please... :mad:

Not much help in your case but I know with Lloyds TSB as long as you bring it back into the black the same day it goes overdrawn there are no charges.

Can you find HSBC's T&C's for bank charges on unauthorised overdrafts?

Sounds like you need to change banks if possible

Sorry trampdog , I missed your post by being away for a few days .....

I would agree with 'out of the red' - think about changing your bank - there is no such thing as loyalty to customers these days , only how much they can screw out of you .......

You could try asking at your local branch for these charges to be refunded ,the local manager has leeway in this respect , and if they refuse just move your account ...... what you have just described sounds like sharp practice and you should also consider reporting them to the Office of Fair Trading .... although they don't get involved in individual cases they compile dossiers on those companies who have a lot of complaints registered against them and then they sort them out ....

Come back iif you have any further questions - someone will answer and we're user-friendly .... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D